Briton Extradited To Australia On Drug, Money Laundering Charges

webfact

To shut everyone up, a definition of a criminal, is somebody that breaks the law, does not matter which country you are in, and never been caught. And the offence could even be minor to major.

Even taking a pen out of the office you are working in, is theft.

Believe it or not over 76% of the world population are criminals, might never of been in court, but have broken the law. This is a well know fact, published at our friends the C.I.A.

Just by taking that lady back to your hotel, your breaking a thai law.

Two consenting adults engage in a business transaction. One has an asset to rent, the other wishes to engage that asset. If an archaic law states that is illegal then so be it. The law has always been an ass and unfortunately as a member of its fraternity I admit my input to the Thai economy is a worthwhile journey with no remorse. :)

"Section 5. Any person who, for the purpose of prostitution, solicits, induces, introduces herself or himself to, follows or importunes a person in a street, public place or any other place, which is committed openly and shamelessly or causes nuisance to the public, shall be liable to a fine not exceeding one thousand Baht."

http://www.ilo.org/dyn/natlex/docs/WEBTEXT...63/E96THA01.htm

Proving that one is soliciting openly and shamelessly or causing a nuisance, makes it extremely hard to prosecute even if they wanted to (http://www.sexwork.com/Thailand/legal.html)- and for a fine UP TO 1,000 baht?? I think it was 100% legit before 1996; I don't think 1996 warrants being called archaic!

I'd say too that some crimes warrant a bit more scorn for the people involved - for many, even if legal, soliciting prostitution here may make you lower than a petty criminal; all depends on your perspective.

ps the above applies only to prostitutes older than 18! Real time in the monkey house for less than 18.

Edited by eljefe2

Some snippets from the Sydney Morning Herald to add some background to the story.

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-world...91127-jwp4.html

<snip>

Kinch was arrested in Bangkok on May 31 last year just days before Australian Federal Police (AFP) in Sydney detained former NSW Crime Commission assistant director Mark Standen and food importer Bill Jalalaty.

The three were charged with conspiracy to import 600 kilograms of pseudoephedrine, the key ingredient in the manufacture of methamphetamines or ice.

<snip>

Australia does not have an extradition with Thailand but does have a prisoner exchange agreement.

<snip>

pseudoephedrine

In Australia you can buy this over the counter in many different medicines

Most common is in Cold and Flu medicines

it dries up the runny nose and speeds you up a bit so you can keep working

as they say "soldier on with Codral".

Earlier this year a couple of Thai nationals alledgedly fled Australia back home after knifing to death an Australian good samaritan who got involved in a dust up. I wonder what the chances are of them being brought back for trial. Greater than 0 at least it seems.

You really should get your facts straight before posting _rap like this. I live in Melbourne and the way the papers first reported this very nearly caused the Thai people living in Australia big problems. This was because of people (like yourself) assuming that just because the people who committed this murder got on a flight to Thailand that they were Thai. This was NOT the case, the people that committed this murder were in fact Australian, not Thai.

Earlier this year a couple of Thai nationals alledgedly fled Australia back home after knifing to death an Australian good samaritan who got involved in a dust up. I wonder what the chances are of them being brought back for trial. Greater than 0 at least it seems.

There are often very different rules when it comes to extraditing citizens compared to foreign nationals in most countries.

Most any extradition ca be argued for years on end if there are lawyers ready and willing to file petitions all the time. It is normally not a simple procedure.

Some snippets from the Sydney Morning Herald to add some background to the story.

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-world...91127-jwp4.html

<snip>

Kinch was arrested in Bangkok on May 31 last year just days before Australian Federal Police (AFP) in Sydney detained former NSW Crime Commission assistant director Mark Standen and food importer Bill Jalalaty.

The three were charged with conspiracy to import 600 kilograms of pseudoephedrine, the key ingredient in the manufacture of methamphetamines or ice.

<snip>

Australia does not have an extradition with Thailand but does have a prisoner exchange agreement.

<snip>

pseudoephedrine

In Australia you can buy this over the counter in many different medicines

Most common is in Cold and Flu medicines

it dries up the runny nose and speeds you up a bit so you can keep working

as they say "soldier on with Codral".

It is not easy to buy more than one pack of Codral or similar, I bought a pack about a month ago and went through 20 questions before the pharmacist let me have it. I would certainly not been able to buy multiple packs, those days are long gone.