Shop In Ubon Ratchathani.

Gjk7777

My Thai girlfriend keeps on about a big store in Ubon called "Ubon Ratchadook" thats how she says it anyways, or she says the Thai people call it "Do Home" anyone know anything about this big store? They sell everything from beds to building supplies, thanks in advance.

I know the big one mentioned by Memock as Ubon Wasuda (sp). It has plenty on offer and most of the wife’s relatives buy their building supplies there including doors, bathroom supplies, beds etc.

If you’re after beds, I found the furniture store about 100 or so metres before you reach the Makro entrance had a good selection at reasonable prices.

I know the big one mentioned by Memock as Ubon Wasuda (sp). It has plenty on offer and most of the wife’s relatives buy their building supplies there including doors, bathroom supplies, beds etc.

If you’re after beds, I found the furniture store about 100 or so metres before you reach the Makro entrance had a good selection at reasonable prices.

My cousin is in the building trade in UK, and was impressed when he visited Ubon Wasadu, but Ubon seems to have plenty of decent places offering building supplies.

We bought beds, mattresses and a sitting room suite at the furniture store you mention (TSF if I remember it correctly) 3 years ago - good value, and they actually delivered at the time we arranged!

Elwood

I agree with previous posters, Ubon Wasadu is the place and good for all your building supplies, bathroom fixtures, etc. In general I prefer Index for furniture, but Ubon Wasadu is also worth checking out.

Memock's directions are spot on (as usual).

Cheers,

Mike

I agree with previous posters, Ubon Wasadu is the place and good for all your building supplies, bathroom fixtures, etc. In general I prefer Index for furniture, but Ubon Wasadu is also worth checking out.

Memock's directions are spot on (as usual).

Cheers,

Mike

All true, including the part about MeMock's directions. If you're looking for it on the 'net, you may also find it spelled "Ubol Wasadu" or "Ubon Watsadu" (which is how they themselves spell it on their still-under-construction website, www.ubonwatsadu.co.th). In addition, there's an Index (or very Index-like) furniture place across the way (on your left if coming from Ubon City), so you can check both out on the same trip.

If, however, you don't see what you're looking for there (or, like me, just enjoy wandering through hardware stores) there's another big building supply place called Home Something (Home Place? Home Center?), with two locations - the original on the main drag in Warin (a block or two north of the southern end of the ring road); and a much bigger new place on the South/West section of the Ring Road itself, inside the ring on the southbound side of the road. Almost but not quite as big as Ubon Watsadu, and with a slightly different merchandise mix (for instance, I found wooden windows and insulation there that I couldn't find at UW, along with a different selection of drill bits and kitchen faucets). The smaller one is closer to our place there, so I actually prefer that one, especially if I'm just making a quick run for parts or whatever.

Happy hunting.

(for instance, I found wooden windows and insulation there that I couldn't find at UW, along with a different selection of drill bits and kitchen faucets).

By the way, if you go to the next door building at Ubon Wasadu, it is their warehouse for larger items. They have wooden windows, doors etc. in there, and they will take you up on the fork lift to select the good ones from the pile.