A Beautiful Dog Needs A New Home

tixe

Hello to all. As the title says this is not easy for us and indeed breaks our hearts to even offer our beautiful dog up for adoption. We have just recently had a baby arrive in the family and in my child's best interest..I need to find our dog a new home. About our dog: She is a 10 month old Bangkeaw, absolutely stunning in looks and in nature. I don't belive she's got a bad bone in her body. She has been fully vaccinated etc and nothing has been spared on her care and the love given to her, as I said this is not easy. What we are looking for is a GOOD home and master for her. She will protect you and love you. She has done just that since she was a pup for us. If you want to look up on her breed etc look at this link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thai_Bangkaew_Dog (this is truely an amazing animal in body and spirit)

If you think you can help her like only a dog lover can...please p.m as soon as possible.

Thank you.

P.S. We are in the the Chalong area.

It can sometimes happen with dogs when a new child is introduced to the home, and they become very jealous of the attention that's no longer directed solely at them. Reading the post, the dog is only 10 months old, and whilst no doubt of a good nature, at that age she's also likely to be quite excited and playful, which doesn't always go together with a baby that's going to start crawling in a couple of months. Were the dog older, I don't think it would be a problem, though young children and dogs should always be supervised if together.

OMG! I want her...Do I need to pay you anything? I can give her a good home and I'll treat her very well. HOw can I contact you? Are you in Phuket :)

Maybe you need to read the post again, clearly stated in the Chalong area.

I suspect that Lovia does not know that Chalong is located on Phuket Island. From reading previous posts it appears that Lovia currently lives in Singapore.

For god's sake - don't abandon (that's effectively what you're trying to do) your dog 'cos you've got a baby!

If you've any doubts, get a dog behaviourist in to teach YOU how to ensure there are no problems.

Sorry, but have to point this out - your dog is 10 months old and you've JUST had a baby? Why on earth did you get a dog in the first place that you don't trust??

For god's sake - don't abandon (that's effectively what you're trying to do) your dog 'cos you've got a baby!

If you've any doubts, get a dog behaviourist in to teach YOU how to ensure there are no problems.

Sorry, but have to point this out - your dog is 10 months old and you've JUST had a baby? Why on earth did you get a dog in the first place that you don't trust??

Think that tixe is being responsible, trying to get another home for their dog because of valid concerns. Tixe (I think) got the dog as a puppy, and she's still young. Have you personally ever had a young dog with a baby or young children in the house? I also don't think that Phuket is too blessed with 'dog behaviourist's'. Apart from behaviour, there are other concerns about dogs around very young children here, not least of all their being infested with parasites (unavoidable here, and I have 2 Golden Retrievers who get their vaccinations, Frontline etc). Sometimes it's better to play safe, and the priority is the health and well being of the child.

Had to smile about your comment 'your dog is 10 months old and you've JUST had a baby? Why on earth did you get a dog in the first place that you don't trust??'. Are you serious? Let me offer some education, human pregnancy normally lasts for 9 months, and typically can't be confirmed until after circa 2 months.

Think that tixe is being responsible, trying to get another home for their dog because of valid concerns. Tixe (I think) got the dog as a puppy, and she's still young. Have you personally ever had a young dog with a baby or young children in the house? I also don't think that Phuket is too blessed with 'dog behaviourist's'. Apart from behaviour, there are other concerns about dogs around very young children here, not least of all their being infested with parasites (unavoidable here, and I have 2 Golden Retrievers who get their vaccinations, Frontline etc). Sometimes it's better to play safe, and the priority is the health and well being of the child.

Had to smile about your comment 'your dog is 10 months old and you've JUST had a baby? Why on earth did you get a dog in the first place that you don't trust??'. Are you serious? Let me offer some education, human pregnancy normally lasts for 9 months, and typically can't be confirmed until after circa 2 months.

No, I haven't had a dog with a baby in the house, but an awful lot of people have! Amazingly enough, most haven't had their babies savaged by their dogs. :)

Moving on, with which parasites particularly are you concerned that the dog may infect the child?

Its irrelevant anyway - to simplify my previous post - DON'T GET A DOG IF YOU'RE PREPARED TO ABANDON IT.

p.s. If the poor dog is only 10 months old, the OP could only have got it 8 months ago (they need to be with the parent for 8 weeks?), so OP must have known she was pregnant when she took the dog?

No, I haven't had a dog with a baby in the house, but an awful lot of people have! Amazingly enough, most haven't had their babies savaged by their dogs. :)

Moving on, with which parasites particularly are you concerned that the dog may infect the child?

Its irrelevant anyway - to simplify my previous post - DON'T GET A DOG IF YOU'RE PREPARED TO ABANDON IT.

p.s. If the poor dog is only 10 months old, the OP could only have got it 8 months ago (they need to be with the parent for 8 weeks?), so OP must have known she was pregnant when she took the dog?

OK, you're a dog lover, as am I. Yes, I've had dogs and young children simultaneously, and without adverse effect, apart from many years ago I had a young Cocker Spaniel that kept biting my 2 daughters (then, 2 and 5 years old). Didn't want to do it, but also didn't want to pass the problem to someone else. Spoke to a vet, and unfortunately had to have the dog put down. In my experience, older dogs and young children tend (but be careful) to not be a problem. Young dogs and young children can be a different situation.

OK, regards parasites, worms for one. Difficult to control very young children and where they put their fingers. Your last comment 'DON'T GET A DOG IF YOU'RE PREPARED TO ABANDON IT', surely that's what Tixe is seeking to avoid, looking for another home for their dog, and not abandoning it.

Bottom line, you're being opinion based without knowing the circumstances of the poster. He's trying to be responsible in seeking another home for his pet for whom he obviously feels a lot of affection. You're coming across as some kind of animal crusader, which doesn't fit the circumstances of this particular situation, and you're almost suggesting some kind of neglect. Sad really. I'm almost tempted to ask, if it's such an issue to you, why don't you offer the dog a home?

How is a Bangkaew with young babies /kids once they turn from a puppy into an adult. From what I understand, this breed goes from easy going and mild mannered to something that is not easy going and mild mannered in all situations. At least this is according to the threads here at TV about bangkaews.

Hello again to all. It looks as though we've found a good home for our dog!!! They will be picking her up this coming Friday to take her to her new abode. If this falls through I'll post again but I hope it doesn't. Thank you all for your input. Cheers. Tixe.

How is a Bangkaew with young babies /kids once they turn from a puppy into an adult. From what I understand, this breed goes from easy going and mild mannered to something that is not easy going and mild mannered in all situations. At least this is according to the threads here at TV about bangkaews.

They're very good with kids, very protective of them if you train them (usualy even if you don't) OP just doesn't know anything about dogs outside of them being fury

There is a guy in our moo ban that has one.

It is quite safe and happy with the family and when it is outside the home area it is ALWAYS on the lead with a family member. During the day it is in a large cage with shelter and plenty of shade and water but if strangers go there it goes crazy barking as it is protecting the house and territory. At night is is still in the compound but not the cage.

They have no problems with intruders and the neighbours don't complain as they also will know if strangers are about.

There was a thread a while ago on TV about the dogs and while they are good guard dogs the do need a lot of controlling.

There is a guy in our moo ban that has one.

It is quite safe and happy with the family and when it is outside the home area it is ALWAYS on the lead with a family member. During the day it is in a large cage with shelter and plenty of shade and water but if strangers go there it goes crazy barking as it is protecting the house and territory. At night is is still in the compound but not the cage.

They have no problems with intruders and the neighbours don't complain as they also will know if strangers are about.

There was a thread a while ago on TV about the dogs and while they are good guard dogs the do need a lot of controlling.

this is all relative on how the dog's life has been going and if he was born in bad condition.

Mine was given to me too early so she couldnt be mistreated by clueless thai breeders and she is the biggest pansy i have ever seen in a dog, She wont even bite my hand when i start hitting her gently to play/fight, she usualy runs away and avoids even fun fights while all the other dogs ive had all played rough while being much weaker dogs.

Only time she's dangerous is when someone unknown gets near her bowl of food at the entrace of the gate or when someone tried to touch her babies.

post-89091-1259484101_thumb.jpg

Edited by gvallee2

This is my dog.

He is the third generation and grandson of our first dog we got from the temple.

He was born with his left front leg like that in a litter of 6 and he is the sole survivor as we live on a country road.

He walks slowly and looks for sympathy (and food) all the time until he sees something that shouldn't be there and he will chase it off and completely forgets he only has 3 legs. :)

post-5614-1259567924_thumb.jpg