Most Famous Friends In Thailand?

bkkmadness

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've bought a T- shirt and 3 bottles of "Carabau Daeng" for 120฿ from Ed on a talad nad, and a few years ago I met Pol Pot ( and of course his body guard :D ) in Burirum, short time before he passed away... :o

Regards, Patex

Edited by Patex

I am on pretty good talking terms with God and His son JC.

I know if I get my act together (and there is still time), there’s a more than even chance I will get invited up to the Big House for the rest of eternity.

Only problem with this deal is it’s open to everyone.

Anyway, whatever your persuasion, it sure as h*ll (or heaven) beats the power and influence the sad cases think they get second hand from the drunken politicians, corrupt businessmen, played out pop stars, pathetic TV actresses or failed bodyguards, that have been listed in this thread (even if I must accept that Dennis Law was a genius on the football pitch.).

I'd say that the 'drunken politicians, corrupt businessmen, played out pop stars, pathetic TV actresses or failed bodyguards' are all people just as you and I Thomas Merton and what the <deleted>.ck has God and J.C. story done for us?

Power and influence of controlled religions as caused a lot of wars and death in the world, nothing to be proud of, best not spread around anymore I think, a bit more universally taking care of each other seems to be the way forward for me.

Belief not in a diety or religion, but in ourselves.

Edited by bkkmadness

Neeranam,

Dennis law is my cousin.

Scott

Well there you go, one of the best strikers Scotland will ever see. I have met a lot of Thais who have heard of him too, the Man U connection. Hey, you didn't go to Powis School did you?

And since we are taking it off the sunbject of famous friends in Thailand I have to tell you my Aunt gets a christmas card from Baby Spice Emma Bunton. :D, Lampard shopped at the shoe shop my mum was working in, and my mate is a friend of Howard Marks who I met once in a brixton pub while zeroed out after a two day vodka/........ binge. :o:D:D

Edited by bkkmadness

I'd say that the 'drunken politicians, corrupt businessmen, played out pop stars, pathetic TV actresses or failed bodyguards' are all people just as you and I Thomas Merton

Just my point. To use your termenology, then why the fukc should anyone be immpressed, want false glory or even think anyone else could be impressed by boasting that have met plain people like you and me.

and what the <deleted>.ck has God and J.C. story done for us?
I wasn't writing about "us" - just me.
Power and influence of controlled religions as caused a lot of wars and death in the world, nothing to be proud of, best not spread around anymore I think, a bit more universally taking care of each other seems to be the way forward for me.

Neither was I writing about organised or "controlled" religion - just my own personal relationship.

Neither believing in one or the other, negates or prevents either.

i once knew a bloke didnt actually know him a friend said he met him on a bus whose sister said she once knew the husband of that woman who used to present that tv daytime quiz show you know the one it was on at about three thirty it was taken off after about two months.granada i think it was.she ended up being kicked out of big brother the first week.she were in the sun for something or other. real famous she were.what was her name now ?

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

when is this terrible thread going to end.

I'd say that the 'drunken politicians, corrupt businessmen, played out pop stars, pathetic TV actresses or failed bodyguards' are all people just as you and I Thomas Merton

Just my point. To use your termenology, then why the fukc should anyone be immpressed, want false glory or even think anyone else could be impressed by boasting that have met plain people like you and me.

and what the <deleted>.ck has God and J.C. story done for us?
I wasn't writing about "us" - just me.

Neither was I writing about organised or "controlled" religion - just my own personal relationship.

Neither believing in one or the other, negates or prevents either.

It wasn't about being impressed or boasting, just a fun thread I thought people might enjoy posting on.

Yep, agreed on the JC/God stuff, thats your own bizness, I apologise, had a few drinks and people talking religion often winds me up especially when they walk and don't talk.

Your negative postings about these people but praise of J.C and God was a bit much though.

Neeranam,

Dennis law is my cousin.

Scott

Well there you go, one of the best strikers Scotland will ever see. I have met a lot of Thais who have heard of him too, the Man U connection. Hey, you didn't go to Powis School did you?

Neeranam,

Born in Perth, Scotland but grew up in Los Angeles and went to Hollywood high school. Unfortunatly was not born with the ball sports gene. I'm just a gear head.

46 years old and still racing. Baja 500 in 8 weeks and then back over to CM.

My Webpage

It wasn't about being impressed or boasting, just a fun thread I thought people might enjoy posting on.

Yep, agreed on the JC/God stuff, thats your own bizness, I apologise, had a few drinks and people talking religion often winds me up especially when they walk and don't talk.

No problem - had a few myself.

Your negative postings about these people but praise of J.C and God was a bit much though.

In the fresh light of day, read what I wrote again, you'll see this last sentence of yours is not true. I praised no-one.

without this thread getting all wanky, you did suggest that JC and God

"beats the power and influence the sad cases think they get second hand from the drunken politicians, corrupt businessmen, played out pop stars, pathetic TV actresses or failed bodyguards, that have been listed in this thread"

that is a bit of praise, to heighten JC and God above these people is it not?

I've bumped into Dave Cousins in the Leeds Uni bar.

I've seen Jimmy White buying a tie in Aberdeen airport.

I've seen Tommy Cooper sh1tfaced on the BA shuttle.

I've seen Steve Davies getting off a 747 in Don Muang.

I saw Jethro Tull when they were playing for 25 quid a night in Bratford.

I was on the front row of a Howlin' Wolf concert in Manchester.

I've had lunch with the Sultan of Brunei.

Oh, well if you're going to start listing famous people you've met or seen, that'd be a long list for me. I've bumped in to tons of people, from Evander Holyfield shopping in a Rich's department store in Atlanta (right after his first heavyweight win, he was buying every TV in the place) to hanging out with Brett Favre and Mark Chmura at Denny's one night after a big win against the Rams (of course, there were the weekly sundae-eating contests I used to have with the offensive line guys at brunch too, I made one guy miss practice because he had to eat 11 sundaes to beat me, heheh) to working backstage security for Metallica to getting breakfast with Test, Kurt Angle and Albert at Wrestlemania 17 in Texas (used to work for the WWE). Geesh, I could go on for ages.

But perhaps the funniest "brush-with-fame" episode came when I was living in Florida. My friends and I used to chill at the crappy little underground club that was literally beneath a freeway overpass and in a genuinely unpleasant neighborhood. Anyway, on Wednesday nights, they had this crappy little goth-wannabe house band that we all hated (after all, how good could a WEDNESDAY-night house band be, right?). They used to make a lot of noise and burn some lunch boxes, but other than that, they were terrible. Anyway, my girlfriend at the time had a big crush on the lead singer of the band. Whenever we went over to the band's apartment for the afterhours party they threw every week, she'd always be trying to chat up that coked-out loser, kinda sucked especially since I introduced her to the skinny jerk. So after a few weeks, she dumps me for him, and of course, he bangs her and dumps her just like the dozens of other girls who were throwing themselves at this guy for some unknown reason. Serves her right too, the skank.

The name of the band?

Marilyn Manson and the Spooky Kids

Yep, that's right, Marilyn Manson stole my girlfriend. Ugh, how humiliating :o .

My part time job is working with the Asean secretary.

I have met Dr Puntip (spelling) and most of the high level ministers including the Prime Minister himself though not close with him lol.

For Dr Puntip, i regulary have coffee and dinner with her and her aids. She is one of the most well known and well liked person in Thailand i feel.

A girlfriends sister (when i was about 14) used to baby sit Frank Bruno's kids so i've chatted with him a few times.

Met Steve Davis and Barry Hearn, Allan Border and various England and Australian cricket players at the cricket club which my Dads been a member of for years.

worked for the Royal Family of Dubai so i worked and lived along side sheik Mohammed, Hamdan, Maktoum etc along with Frankie Dettori, Henry Cecil etc.

Met on numerous occassions Ronnie Wood, Rod Stewert, Eddie Jordan, Vinnie Jones (friends of ex boss)

Ex girlfriends mate went out with Jason Statham from Snatch, Transporter etc (a while back now)

Regular customers in the bar Jimmy White, Ken Doherty. Met Gary Stretch and Oliver Stone a few times in Pattaya.

Been to alot of concerts, parties etc with friends and Carabao. (also regulars in the club)

Twice in the bar now Loso. Assani Wasan, Hugo

And of course Lam Morrison and Olarn, Kitty guitar gun.