New Embassy Letter?

Last year I needed a letter. This year I got one and submitted it with my embassy afidavit. The immigration officer said I would not need one next year due to my income statement. Even though I was over the requirement, it was close and if the dollar got weaker, I could have dropped under.

This year I had increased the amount on my embassy statement due to having to draw on my other pension. That apparently put my out of danger of exchange rate making a difference.

Edited by oldgeezer

New letters have been required by Bangkok for the last few years but at least one office this year has told people they can use original 3 years so I would have a copy and ask when making extension of stay if they can accept that and if you can use your original next year (or for how many years).

For OP I would ask early or risk making another trip - I suspect they will want to see an original/current letter this year.

New letters have been required by Bangkok for the last few years but at least one office this year has told people they can use original 3 years so I would have a copy and ask when making extension of stay if they can accept that and if you can use your original next year (or for how many years).

For OP I would ask early or risk making another trip - I suspect they will want to see an original/current letter this year.

what I don't understand is that they have always ónly taken the copy of the original from me and giving my back my orginal, saying they fax to BKK anyway. I use Alanyaprathet Office.