Buying Indonesian Clove Cigarettes In Bkk

RandyWhite

As well in Pratunam area, inside the Indonesian Embassy, at the canteen which is open for public.

Just register at the security check point (bring an ID) and say that you are going for lunch, also nice & cheap Padang buffet :D

Unfortunately, no beer Bintang :)

Also Huay Kwang Market, youll have to walk along a bit to find them, I cant recall exactly where. Again a small table thing. They have the widest choice Ive found.

And, if you want black djarum kreteks (the gay slim ones) and the menthols, these can be found most nights (definitely fri/sat) on RCA a solo person with a small table and chair near the ATM.

The ones I cannot find are the Dji Sam soe originals- anyone know if the embassy sells them?

Edited by OxfordWill

• 2 months later...

The clove cigarettes you are looking for I found no place in Thailand except right next to Pan Tip plaza in Bangkok. It is about a 20 minute bus ride from Nana (soi 4/sukhumvit) on the number 2 bus (or 25 also I think). Pan Tip is a big well known electronics department store. Once you get off at Pan Tip (bus 2 is free to all travelers) you are facing pan tip on the same side of the street. Walk down the street to your left to the end of all the stores and right there next to a construction site is a little lady sitting at a small table who has Surya (same company but not called Garam and I think they taste better). She charges about $2.25/pack. If you buy a carton she sends someone that goes somewhere and comes back in about 10 minutes. They were worth it and I loaded up in Jan 10, 2010 before going to Cambodia which doesn't have them anymore.

The clove cigarettes you are looking for I found no place in Thailand except right next to Pan Tip plaza in Bangkok. It is about a 20 minute bus ride from Nana (soi 4/sukhumvit) on the number 2 bus (or 25 also I think). Pan Tip is a big well known electronics department store. Once you get off at Pan Tip (bus 2 is free to all travelers) you are facing pan tip on the same side of the street. Walk down the street to your left to the end of all the stores and right there next to a construction site is a little lady sitting at a small table who has Surya (same company but not called Garam and I think they taste better). She charges about $2.25/pack. If you buy a carton she sends someone that goes somewhere and comes back in about 10 minutes. They were worth it and I loaded up in Jan 10, 2010 before going to Cambodia which doesn't have them anymore.

I don't understand why the gov't here has so many import restrictions. There are numerous products unavailable here, because of this(imported beers & liquor and example) . The situation was similar in Malaysia. One would think they (the gov't) would be interested in any additional tax revenue they could get.

There is a lady who sells cigarettes at the Siam Sky train exit. She’s right in front of Au Bon Pain. She’s got 4 or 5 different clove brands, and has the one’s I smoke Djarum Black at 550 a carton or 80 baht a pack. (note the carton discount :) ).

I’ve got her number in my mobile if you want it, send me a P/M on here and I’ll forward it to you.

post-26360-1264912359.jpg

• 2 months later...

the clove cigarettes can be found all over bangkok. i never have to look longer than 20 mins to find some. although let me share my favorite ciggie shop with you.

go to siam square soi 5, it's the one where the pink MK is. walk into that soi almost to the end. on the rightg hand side will be a little liquor/convinience store with two red lanterns hanging outside. they have really good selection of imported ciggies. keep going back, the selection always changes. they have 3 different kinds of cloves, and even camel lights sometimes. 70-80 per pack for almost everything.