Debt From The Uk

Dear Forum,

I would like to know the statute barred limitation on debts brought from an english debt collector by a thai.

i have read somewhere that there is no time limit in thailand, like the six years there is in the uk. is this true?

the estimated debt is 200,000 pounds.

made up of several different debts.

can a debt collector buy all the debts and collect on one time??

how easy would it be for a debt collector to find out about different debts owned by one person?

would a collector wait for the debt to accumilate interest until they collect or collect as soon as they find you.

thanks for your help in this matter.

please no sarky replies or bible bashing.

just straight forward answers please.

Debt From The Uk, can they get me?????
i sincerely hope so.

somebody else will be losing money if you dont take some responsibility for your own debts.

why not.

you deserve all the crap you get if you are running away and leaving someone or some other organisation to pay your bills for you.

dont tell me you're going to pattaya !!

i sincerely hope so.

somebody else will be losing money if you dont take some responsibility for your own debts.

why not.

you deserve all the crap you get if you are running away and leaving someone or some other organisation to pay your bills for you.

he'd be less lonely in Pattaya :o

i sincerely hope so.

why not.

he'd be less lonely in Pattaya :D

Probably read the article in the Guardian and is backing bags now :o

I have a number of Debts owed to me in the UK, if somebody owes me a large sum of money, forget the courts, waste of time, i tend to try to sort it out myself, if it were 200,000, i think i would do it the Thai way. i think it is disgusting these people moving and not paying what they owe, so many Businesses have collapsed because of this, if she owes 200,000 i hope whoever it is, finds her, and sorts her out. thats my opinion.

I have a number of Debts owed to me in the UK, if somebody owes me a large sum of money, forget the courts, waste of time, i tend to try to sort it out myself, if it were 200,000, i think i would do it the Thai way. i think it is disgusting these people moving and not paying what they owe, so many Businesses have collapsed because of this, if she owes 200,000 i hope whoever it is, finds her, and sorts her out. thats my opinion.

That is my sarky remark....................................

If the original message is true, I doubt 200,000 pounds of unsecured credit in the U.K.is possible without resorting to fraud, for example suggesting that salary and employment was a lot higher/elite.

There was a case of an Englishman who had around 50K debts last year: he killed himself.

The six year rule is basically if no attempt to contact the debter is made, so it's a rolling six years. Credit agencies are very good these days in the U.K. I know of one friend who had credit card debts (only 3000 quid) who moved address and boasted that they would not find him: They traced him a month later!

I am 99% sure that minor debts upto £15,000 with credit card companies would not be pursued to Thailand; however if fraud is involved: that is a different matter.

Also: Bank Accounts held in England can be frozen instantly by a county court judge, and bankruptcy can be filed in the absence of a debtor.

Running away from debt is so common, yet it almost always ends in tears. Take for example our Swedish friend Carl Erikkson. He ended up bashing out the brains of a Pattaya girl after fleeing a large American Express Card debt.

Slimey Sue: My advice would be to return to the U.K. and make good. They can't jail you for debt, and if you are guilty of fraud and admit it you will probably get a suspended sentence. Don't let it all end in tears or a fall from a balcony.

W.S.

The good news is...

especially if your debt has been sold, they paid pennies on the dollar/pound for it so they will negotiate with you on the payout.

You too can get a prety good discount on your debt, especially if you can cash them out.

Negotiate with them.

Good Luck

The good news is...

especially if your debt has been sold, they paid pennies on the dollar/pound for it so they will negotiate with you on the payout.

You too can get a prety good discount on your debt, especially if you can cash them out.

Negotiate with them.

Good Luck

An Australian and thai DCA operating in Sydney have just joined forces with the three largest UK DCA.s and they hope to clean up this very lucrative market in Thailand and Malaysia, we were approached acouple of months ago and asked if we would like to run the branch in thailand for them, but I am a bit to long in the tooth for the rough stuff these days, so you happy debtors beware of aussies carrying papers :o this is not a windup they advertise in the yellow pages.nignoy

Dear Forum,

I would like to know the statute barred limitation on debts brought from an english debt collector by a thai.

i have read somewhere that there is no time limit in thailand, like the six years there is in the uk. is this true?

how easy would it be for a debt collector to find out about different debts owned by one person?

would a collector wait for the debt to accumilate interest until they collect or collect as soon as they find you.

Go back, negotiate, kiss some ass and then hit them for a 1,000,000 pounds, dummy -- you should have done that in the first place! :o:D

Dear Forum,

Go back, negotiate, kiss some ass and then hit them for a 1,000,000 pounds, dummy -- you should have done that in the first place! :D:D

:o

• 2 weeks later...