What Visa Do I Need To Sell My Bikes ?

BEDBANDIT

hi all

just a quick question

I'm returning to Thailand very soon , and i wish to sells my bikes that i have over there .

I'm a bit unsure what visa i will need to sell them .

will i be ok on a 90 day holiday visa, or do i need a different visa

thanks for any advice.

hey

If you own the bike that means you have the proper registration (green book) in your name and nothing stops you from selling it even from abroad so no need for a visa or in your case a sprecific visa (unless laws have changed)

The seller can sell on a Tourist visa ,but you will also need a certificate of residence ( a requirement now for 2 years ) ,which you can get from an immigration office with proof of where you live plus a photo for Baht 200 ( in Pattaya anyway ) .

hey

If you own the bike that means you have the proper registration (green book) in your name and nothing stops you from selling it even from abroad so no need for a visa or in your case a sprecific visa (unless laws have changed)

On Phuket you cannot sell a bike without a current entry stamp, so impossible to sell while out of the country.

A visa wasnt required before, but there seems to be amny changes in last few months, sellers residence cert being requested etc which also wasnt asked for even just 6 months ago.

The seller can sell on a Tourist visa ,but you will also need a certificate of residence ( a requirement now for 2 years ) ,which you can get from an immigration office with proof of where you live plus a photo for Baht 200 ( in Pattaya anyway ) .

A dumb question but, how can you get a certificate of residence if you are on a tourist visa? Surely as a "tourist" you are not resident.

A dumb question but, how can you get a certificate of residence if you are on a tourist visa? Surely as a "tourist" you are not resident.

Depends on the immigration.. CM I hear wouldnt but Phuket does..

Or your embassy could..

You can be resident at a particular address for a short period .At Pattaya immigration a proof of address which can be a Guest house or Hotel is acceptable .

You can be resident at a particular address for a short period .At Pattaya immigration a proof of address which can be a Guest house or Hotel is acceptable .

Depends on the immigration tho.. For a long while CM wouldnt give a residence paper unless you were on 12 month extension IIRC.

Phuket always has.. But no idea about in the sticks Nakhon Nowhere.. All down to temperamental immi officers.

well thanks for all the replys

there dose seems to be a differance of opinions , tipically thai really , lol

i'll be going to pattaya imagration , so maybe ill have more luck there .

all this just to sell my phanton ..........never liked the bike since a bought it 4 years ago.

looks like il have the time to send of for 90 day visa , didt think i would befor , hence my question about 30 dayhl visa

thanks all