Tony's Disco Closed?

britmaveric

Tony’s Disco on Walking Street raided by Police and district officials.

At 12.30 on Wednesday night, The Tony’s Entertainment Complex on Walking Street was the target of a raid, the first of its kind to take place on Walking Street for a long time. The Police contingent included Police Colonel Somnook, the Chief of Pattaya Police and his deputy, Police Lieutenant Colonel Natasit in addition to Police Major Sutum from Pattaya’s Crime Suppression Unit. A team from Banglamung District’s Public Health Department was also in attendance headed by Khun Worawit, the Chief of Banglamung District. 5 men and 19 women were found to be under the age of 20 and 5 women and 1 man failed a drugs test. Because of this 30 club-goers and the manager of Tony’s, Khun Waroot aged 37 were arrested and taken back to Pattaya Police Station. A report of the raid will now be sent to the Governor of Chonburi who will decide if circumstances warrant a temporary or permanent closure of the establishment. We understand from a Police source that they will recommend a 30 day closure of the complex; however the final decision lies with the Governor himself.

-Pattaya City News

Tony’s Disco on Walking Street raided by Police and district officials.

At 12.30 on Wednesday night, The Tony’s Entertainment Complex on Walking Street was the target of a raid, the first of its kind to take place on Walking Street for a long time. The Police contingent included Police Colonel Somnook, the Chief of Pattaya Police and his deputy, Police Lieutenant Colonel Natasit in addition to Police Major Sutum from Pattaya’s Crime Suppression Unit. A team from Banglamung District’s Public Health Department was also in attendance headed by Khun Worawit, the Chief of Banglamung District. 5 men and 19 women were found to be under the age of 20 and 5 women and 1 man failed a drugs test. Because of this 30 club-goers and the manager of Tony’s, Khun Waroot aged 37 were arrested and taken back to Pattaya Police Station. A report of the raid will now be sent to the Governor of Chonburi who will decide if circumstances warrant a temporary or permanent closure of the establishment. We understand from a Police source that they will recommend a 30 day closure of the complex; however the final decision lies with the Governor himself.

-Pattaya City News

Poor Tony...he`ll have to raise the price of his expensive drinks even higher to cover the increased cost of the `tea money`.. :o

Poor Tony...he`ll have to raise the price of  his expensive drinks even higher to cover the increased cost of the `tea money`.. :o

let me guess: you haven't even been there for at least a year, have you?

.... sheesh.....

:D

You are wrong... I last went in there about 2 years ago and was ripped off then with drinks I didn`t order....I would not go in the place even if you the magician could manage to cast a spell on the way over the odds prices and reduce them to an acceptable level. :D

good....first bangkok, now pattaya, lets get rid of this tourist trap hall of rip-off shame :D

let's start the beginning of pattaya's clean-up. :o

Drinks prices are still absurd. I stopped in their briefly in Nov and it was ok. Its gotten heaps better than it used to be.... no more vendours harrassing you every couple minutes.

Dave- perhaps you can do some recon and update us on Tony's status?

Spent 5 minutes in that place a few years ago, loudest music I've ever heard. Good riddance, maybe bulldoze it and make some more beer bars, that's what Pattaya needs more of!

You are joking? :D

good....first bangkok, now pattaya, lets get rid of this tourist trap hall of rip-off shame :D

let's start the beginning of pattaya's clean-up. :D

Drinks prices are still absurd. I stopped in their briefly in Nov and it was ok. Its gotten heaps better than it used to be.... no more vendours harrassing you every couple minutes.

Will do some snifing around tonight, I was told by a policeman frined last night that 30 day shutdown is definate :o

Spent 5 minutes in that place a few years ago, loudest music I've ever heard. Good riddance, maybe bulldoze it and make some more beer bars, that's what Pattaya needs more of!

Will do some snifing around tonight, I was told by a policeman frined last night that 30 day shutdown is definate :o

Dave - Is that the same kind of 30 day shutdown that the JP Bar always manages to wriggle out of ????? :D

well I've heard a bunch of different stories - everything from "he'll pay and not shut down" to "30 days for sure". I spoke briefly today to Tony himself and he said he hasn't had any official word yet. So everyone will have to wait and see.

To address a couple of points above:

* the guy who tested positive - it depends on his nationality/visa status etc...

* as I've mentioned in another thread on this board, Marine is way louder , along with several other places. Not to say that Tony's is exactly quiet though - it is a nightclub, after all...

* "in cahoots"??? what do you mean?

* yes, just like every other raid in Thailand - everyone gets tested regardless, Thai or Farang.

Edited by Merlin

Dave - Is that the same kind of 30 day shutdown that the JP Bar always manages to wriggle out of ????? :D

JP were shut for 30 days last november, then they opened and recieved a 60 day shutdown which lasted for 2 weeks. Its had a complete paperwork/ name change now.

Why don't they just sell it to me? I'll shut it at 2am everynight.. promise. :D