Hospitals In Surat Thani

peanut

Hi everyone,

I posted this in the Southern Thailand forum but maybe someone here has info as well.

I'm looking into gallbladder surgery options and most Bkk hospitals are way beyond my means. I will be in Suratthani for a few days and was wondering if it would be an option to have it done there.

Does anyone have any experice with Suratthani hospitals?

Thanks!

I don't think there is much other than the government provincial hospital. And whilel it is certainly possibly to get this done there (assuming you are OK with an open chlycystectomy and not seeking laparscopic) , I doubt it can be arranged in just a few days. usually a wait for elective surgery in govt hospitals.

If you live in Bangkok, have you looked into these non-profits:

Bangkok Christian Hospital

Saint Louis Hospital

Camellian Hospital

?

Their costs are usually not much more than that of a govt hospital. Or, you could have it done at a govt hospital in Bkk. Will involve red tape and waits but be affordable.

I have listed the 3 in more or less order of preference although of course it depends on the surgeon. You can check out surgeon qualifications on their websites.

A friend recently used Thaksin Hospital in Surat and was more than happy with it. He had steel plates removed from his leg after motorcycle accident a few years ago. Bangkok Samui hospital quoted 150k, IIRC, Thaksin hosp charged 30k including 2 or 3 nights in private room. Another friend had a hernia operation there.