Visa Extention Based On Support Of A Thai Child

Visa Extention based on support of a =my Thai child

Part 1 - 2008

Last year imigration refused the 365 days extention based on my thai child. I was in BKK, they want to give me the extention but cannot, because I live in Pattaya. In Pattaya imigration make clear: no extention based on your child. We NOT accept the birth certificate ! you have to go to a Thai court and prouve, u are papa !!! As I was 50, I made a retirement extention and had to show 800.000 Baht. (bank letter, 60 days )

Part2 - 2008

I went to the court ( had to pay a Thai lawyer 20.000 Baht ) and the court told me: YES – u are the papa ! ) The district office had to give me a Certificte of child.

Part3 – 2009

I go to immigration again. The new ? lady tell me, yes, she accept the certificate of child, but I still have to show 400.000 Baht and please 90 days back.

( I should go home make pictures from my house ( I do not have a house ) and my familiy and make some more copies and a plan from where I live. O.K. easy, but ...

In Thai Visa Forum I find I have to SHOW NO MONEY:

"To apply for an extension using rule 7.17/5 , you will need the following documents.

• Application form
  • Copy of the proof of relationship (Birth Certificate, or other papers issued by official organizations or government agencies
  • Letter from the district office confirming you are the parent.
  • Government fee of bt1900 "

The download from National Police Order rule 7.17/5 is clear, no money, only papers.

What I do next:

1. -> Smile, show money ( letter from bank 400.000) and make no questions ?
  2. show the police order , smile and try again with show no money ?
  3. Where I find rule 7.17/5 in Thai language ? I want show to the imigration officer. :)

4. Do I use Form TM7

Edited by Mario2008
layout edite to make it easier to read - mario2008

400k is required under Police Order 777/2551. The old rule of those over age 50 not needing was removed from this order.

Para 1 = show the money if you want the extension. They are correct and trying to be helpful.

Yes you use the normal TM.7

400k is required under Police Order 777/2551. The old rule of those over age 50 not needing was removed from this order.

Para 1 = show the money if you want the extension. They are correct and trying to be helpful.

Yes you use the normal TM.7

The old rule of those over age 50 not needing (money) was removed from this order.

Thank you for the answer. I take Para 1.