I'm Coming Home To Thailand...

IanForbes

Barring any disasters I'll be in Chiang Mai on the 6th of December. Looking forward to trading barbs with you folks and maybe sharing a beer or two with the regulars... you know who you are. My plane leaves tomorrow morning. Right now I'm trying to get my brain set in neutral for traveling. I HATE sitting still for 12 hours ANYWHERE. I HOPE the book I've brought with me will be stimulating enough to pass the boredom.

Have a safe trip, and I hope you have an emergency exit seat with extra leg room. i would be envious, but it is not productive. I have to stay here in van until july,2010 and work.. as i'm "only" 53 and have 2 more years to work at least before i can travel any time I like. Have fun doing what you usually do.. signed: somewhat envious..Sincerely, Dean

Ian,

Gonzo wants to know where all the conniving virgins are. Bet they're camping out at the airport waiting for you.

There are virgins in Thailand? Geez, that's news to me... :) But yes, my lady friends WILL be waiting for me. At least that is what they say in their e-mails.

Maybe they are like the virgin wool and virgin olive oil I keep hearing about. :D

Ian: Just be happy you are flying from the west coast and not JFK or EWR. I miss the direct flight ThaiAir had. JFK to BKK 17hrs!

I'm still suffering a bit from Jet lag. I had a one day turn around after around coming back from my two week trip to the Cayman Islands. I just got in from Grand Cayman a day ago after a 14 hour series of flights and waiting in airports.

I'm flying JAL to Tokyo tomorrow which takes about 9 or 10 hours depending on the winds. Then I have a 4 hour wait before my 6 hour flight to Bangkok. I arrive in Bangkok at 11:30 PM which is too late to catch a flight to Chiang Mai. I have to stay at an airport hotel and leave the next morning. I no longer have any interest in staying in Bangkok. I've seen most of what I want to see in that city a long time ago and it's just too big for my taste. The traffic is ridiculous and price of things is much higher.

I should have booked the same flight my friend is taking tomorrow evening. He is flying EVA air and it leaves about midnight and gets into Bangkok in the middle of the day. That makes it convenient to catch a bus, train or plane anywhere else in Thailand... without having to stay in a hotel over night. Unfortunately, I made my booking long before he did and the flight he is on was not available at that time. I'll learn better next year.

Ian,

Gonzo wants to know where all the conniving virgins are. Bet they're camping out at the airport waiting for you.

There are virgins in Thailand? Geez, that's news to me... :) But yes, my lady friends WILL be waiting for me. At least that is what they say in their e-mails.

Maybe they are like the virgin wool and virgin olive oil I keep hearing about. :D

..but what about all your lady friends here??? They will miss you for FIVE months.. as you happily consort with various and sundry Ms. blisses in LOS..happy trails.. signed: take your Canadian condoms that are more durable

I had always flown EVA then I took Thai Air and never looked back, until they canceled their flights to BKK. Highly dissapointed that EVA business class can not power a 15" laptop but Thai economy can... They also nixxed the hot towels.. But I have so many miles with them :)

Ian,

They're all at Spicy I hear...

I am now in Bangkok waiting for the noon plane to Chiang Mai. I've activated my cel phone and it seems to be working. I was able to phone a couple of my friends in Chiang Mai. I stayed at Queen's Garden resort airport hotel last night. cost is 1050 baht ($40) for pickup and return to airport. It is a low end hotel and only 10 minutes from airport. Other than a sore butt the trip went okay. I probably should have taken the EVA air last night and then I wouldn't have needed to pay for hotels in Vancouver and Bangkok. No matter; I'll remember that next year.

I found out Bangkok Air to Chiang Mai has limited weight restrictions and I was 12 kilo over. It cost me another 500 bhat. But, one good thing about Bangkok Air is it has a nice lounge near the departure bay and they offer free snacks and drinks. It sure beats the 200 bhat hot dog and 100 baht small coffee in the airport food bar... what a rip off. Bangkok Air also have free internet in their Suvarnabhumi lounge.

I had a real short turn around when I got back from the Cayman Islands. I arrived in Vancouver from 12 hour trip and got the last plane to the island on Tuesday night (Dec 1st). Then I picked up my truck from my daughter and drove 60 km home. I finally got to bed at 1AM which was about 4AM Cayman's time. The next day I was racing around taking care of last minute things before catching a ferry back to the mainland the next day. I was pretty bagged.

Sure great to be back in Thailand and looking forward to see my friends. My friend, Jon, has alread arranged a fishing trip for next weekend with another friend, Ziggy.

I for one want to know every time you blow ur prodigious snout. when u kill something. when u take a wazz. when u spend some money. Pm me when you wipe your ass.

I want to now arywheything.

Your movements specially. Solid, discombobulated etc.

I know dem girls just waiting on you. MR. Jam Tomorrow.