Work Permit Extension Date

My work permit was to expire on December 25, so yesterday I made my way to the Labour Office in Phangnga to get another 1 year extension.

At the Labour Office I was told that nowadays extensions should be given in 1 year periods from the date the work permit was initially issued. My present work permit was issued January 28, 2002, so I was given a provisional extension up to January 27, 2010. In January I have to go back to get a full one year extension which will be valid up to January 27, 2011.

Documents needed for the extension are:

1) copy of the work permit, all pages except for the extensions, only the last one.

2) passport copy

3) copies of forms and receipts for the last three months salary tax payments ( ภ.ง.ค. 1 ).

4)copy of form and receipt for the last yearly salary tax payment ( ภ.ง.ค. 91 ).

5)copies of forms and receipts for the last three months staff health insurance payments.

6) copies of licences the company might need to conduct its business.

7) copy of the company book

8) filled out work permit extension application form.

All copies need the company stamp plus the signature of the General Manager.

I should add the usual disclaimer: at other Labour Offices another list of needed documents might apply.

Kees.

Edited by keestha

Work permits are normally renewed for period of 1 year from the date of application with full company documents/personal tax papers. Are you a teacher by chance, as recall report of labour office aligning work permit expiry to employment contract expiry.

As a teacher I wouldn't be any good I am afraid, my English is horribly accented.

I run a tourism related business.

Oh well, if this is not a new rule, it could be simply a matter of a local office making up its own little rules.

Edited by keestha