Jet Skiing In Chiang Mai

Lobin

i heard that there used to be a place near to carrefour that had a large spot of water used for jet skiing and the like, anyone know of any details?

or anyone else using a jet ski up here on the reservoirs and lakes on a regular basis? i dont believe there are any restrictions but would like to get confirmation from any regular user?

It you had your own jetski then I guess you could run up the Ping River. That would be a fun ride and would hurt any more than all the other pollution that is already dumped into the river. You would just have to take care and learn where the obstacles are.

The lake or pond that you are asking about is just north of Carffefour about 20 rai. I have seen fishing but not boats . You can see it on Google earth. Kuang Dam out at Doi Saket about 30 kilos has a boat lunching ramp and allows power boating and fishing also Maenget Sumbum Chom about 80 kilo north of CM.

Inane... is the idea of driving jetski on a fresh water reservoir. I mean, what's next? Huntin' some Asian tiger? Lightin' up a fire and barbecue some endangered flying squirrels?

I'm not against the idea of enjoying yourself, but for these forms of entertainment, you're probably better off in Pattaya or Phuket where the Thais have constructed special zones for Farangs wanting to enjoy themselves.

Cheers, CMX

Huntin' some Asian tiger?

Lightin' up a fire and barbecue some endangered flying squirrels?

Cheers, CMX

first ones been done to death

second one, not overly keen on on getting Weils disease, as you got to cook it just right, and i am by no means an expert

so i think i will stick with the jet ski thanks and polluting the water... tell you what, tell me where you live and i promise not to ride it on a lake near you. scouts hour... :)

as for it being a "farang" pastime, i think you are a tad misguided on that point, maybe should get out and meet more thais me thinks.

thanks for other informative posts, keep them coming.

There is a dealer at the Northeast intersection of Highway 118 and Highway 121 that sells jet skis.

i must be blind as a bat... maybe too much flying squirrel meat, i drive on that road every day going to and from home..

so coming from town, whereabouts is it? or any google earth coordinates would be fantastic thanks

There is a dealer at the Northeast intersection of Highway 118 and Highway 121 that sells jet skis.

i must be blind as a bat... maybe too much flying squirrel meat, i drive on that road every day going to and from home..

so coming from town, whereabouts is it? or any google earth coordinates would be fantastic thanks

My mistake its the 1st ring road and 118. Still the NE corner. As you are going toward Doi Saket make a left at the lites go up the first U-Turn and head back to the lites. There is an Auto dealer on your left the skis are in his show room . You can see them from the road.

Edited by gotlost

Like all forms of entertainment the user group should first look at how it affects other people. There are places where a jet ski would be appropriate, but not on a small reservoir near Chiang Mai. However, the Ping River already has boat traffic and it's large enough to handle it. There are a few large reservoirs further north and others to the east that are suitable. Anywhere the locals run their long tail boats would be okay.