Living In Thailand 6 Months Per Year

hello!

I have a friend from back in Sweden, who after several years of intensive holidays here in thailand, now decided to come

here and live here on 50% basis. Live here 6 month and stay away for 6 months. I myself live here, but I do not have a

ny knowledge to help my friend with his question. So I ask you guys.

What do he need to do in order to arrange this in a very best way. Shall he get a non immigration O-visa in Sweden

(3 month valid)??

And when he comes down here, after 3 months he must go to Laos, kambodja or whereever to stamp his passport???

Plse note that he do not have the income to go for a retirementvisa (65.000 per month or 800.000 in a bank or mixe it)

So plse .... can you tell me what the smartest thing is for him to do...

Thanks in advance

Glegolo

+++

What is his age? If over age 50 single entry non immigrant O visas are likely available to him so two would take care of six months. If he got single entry visa to come to Thailand he would have to obtain a new visa from Laos or other country for the second 90 days but that should not be a problem - even a tourist visa would do as it can be extended 30 days.

What is his age? If over age 50 single entry non immigrant O visas are likely available to him so two would take care of six months. If he got single entry visa to come to Thailand he would have to obtain a new visa from Laos or other country for the second 90 days but that should not be a problem - even a tourist visa would do as it can be extended 30 days.

--------------------------------------------

Thank you so much for your very quick reply... Anyway my friend is 65 years iold now this year......

Glegolo

There are several options. he can get Tourist visa in his home country and I believe he can get two 60 days visas issued and then he can extend each visa for 30 days. He would enter Thailand on the 1st tourist visa, prior to expiring go to immigration get that extended and then when that is up make a boarder run to use the second visa, then same get that one extended. Other options are O or if he knows someone that has a company they can issue a letter he is coming here for business and get a 1 year B visa.

Another option is get a 1 year Ed- Visa by enrolling to learn Thai, this would not only help him with the visa but could also learn thai at the same time, since he now plans to stay in Thailand 1/2 the year would be very helpful.

Hope this helps.