Help Me Please, Meaning Of A Word

lano

I need to know what the thai meaning of "to dream" as a verb is, i think it is ฝัน or คาด-ฝัน, can you please tell me which one is right.

Just so im clear i want `dream!` not `a dream`or `the dream` Thank you!

First you should try to clarify to us (and to yourself) if you are talking about dreams as in what you experience when you are sleeping at night, daydreams, or dreams as in aspirations or hopes for the future.

To get a proper translation you always need to be clear on what you want to express, because each word in every language tends to have more than just one connotation, and cases where two languages have exactly the same connotations attached to one and the same word are rare.

The more context you can provide, the better the translation you will get.

In everyday speech, Thais generally prefer using verbs to express themselves rather than nouns. In more formal language and in writing, nouns will typically be more common.

ฝัน is the verb 'to dream' and can be used in a general sense.

คาดฝัน is not a noun (the noun 'a dream' is ความฝัน khwaam[M] fan[R])

คาดฝัน khaad[F] fan[R] is a verb with a more specific meaning than just ฝัน - Google translate lists 'expect', 'hope' and 'anticipate'.

A simple way of telling somebody 'sweet dreams' is

นอนหลับฝันดี nawn[M] lab[L] fan[R] dii[M]

I ment dream in the way of "keep dreaming"no matter how hard life is. to tell yourself to dream about better things, and keep dreaming it ll be alright. Yuo kno what i mean?

You can use คาดฝัน or คาดหวัง when you want to talk about 'dreaming' as in 'hoping' or 'anticipating'. Both are verbs.

I ment dream in the way of "keep dreaming"no matter how hard life is. to tell yourself to dream about better things, and keep dreaming it ll be alright. Yuo kno what i mean?

ชั่วเจ็ดทีดีเจ็ดหน

ฟ้าหลังฝน

ฝนตกไม่ทั่วฟ้า

Edited by mangkorn

ชั่วเจ็ดทีดีเจ็ดหน

ฟ้าหลังฝน

ฝนตกไม่ทั่วฟ้า

งง

สู้ต่อไป or สู้ๆ (สู้โว้ย :) )

อย่าหมดหวัง