Bake And Bite

anonymouse

I was in the Kaewnawarat area today and thought I'd pop into the new Bake & Bite and looking at City Life's map it seemed to be on a soi off Bamrungrat rd across from Dalaabaa Restaurant but I couldn't find it. If I'd perservered I'm sure I would have found it but was with the wife and kids so didn't.

Directions please :)

goto Pantrip Plaza, straight along the end, night bazaar street

over the traffic lights (towards shangrila hotel) and its about 5 or 6 shops from the traffic lights on the left

Thats OK for the location of Bake n Bite on Chang Klan Rd but I thank the OP wants the location of the Bake n Bite across the river

If you're coming up Charoenrat Rd., pass the Riverside and Goodview and turn right at the Isuzu dealer. Follow the road left then turn right. Follow that road until you're right in front of the Floral Condo and make a left. Go up a block or so and turn right. Go to the end of the street and you will see the parking lot.

If you are coming into the city from San Sai, pass Arcade bus terminal then as you pass the Honda motorcycle dealer, look for a left turn about 100 meters or less from the dealer. Look for a sign guiding you to turn left again. See last sentence above.

If you are coming from the city and crossing the Nahkornping Bridge then pass the traffic light and turn right at the third opportunity. Read the last two sentences above.

Edited by Sojourner

If you're coming up Charoenrat Rd., pass the Riverside and Goodview and turn right at the Isuzu dealer. Follow the road left then turn right. Follow that road until you're right in front of the Floral Condo and make a left. Go up a block or so and turn right. Go to the end of the street and you will see the parking lot.

If you are coming into the city from San Sai, pass Arcade bus terminal then as you pass the Honda motorcycle dealer, look for a left turn about 100 meters or less from the dealer. Look for a sign guiding you to turn left again. See last sentence above.

If you are coming from the city and crossing the Nahkornping Bridge then pass the traffic light and turn right at the third opportunity. Read the last two sentences above.

Thanks, I'll give it a go :)

goto Pantrip Plaza, straight along the end, night bazaar street

over the traffic lights (towards shangrila hotel) and its about 5 or 6 shops from the traffic lights on the left

Thats OK for the location of Bake n Bite on Chang Klan Rd but I thank the OP wants the location of the Bake n Bite across the river

Correct, I must admit if 'gotlost' had given me directions though I might have been a bit sceptical :)

Niemanheimann Bake and Bite is closing soon due to a giant rent increase.

They told me they were staying indefinitely, until the landlord sells the property or decides to put up a new project there. I do wish they would close. I'd save money and lose weight.

Turn off Kaewnawarat at the Yamaha music school (opposite PRC) into Kaewnawarat Soi 3. Continue down this soi. On your left about there is a Lanna style wooden restaurant. Go past that and take the next left turn. Continue to the very end of the soi et voila!

Or, to put it another way ; It's approx. 3 and a half inches down the top right hand corner of the Central Chiang Mai Finder Map ; Soi 3/2. That soi is a dead end so Bake and Bite is located where that Soi touches the edge of the Map.That soi starts almost directly opposite to the entrance to The Floral Condominium.

It's also well signposted (predominantly yellow) from Kaew Nawarat Road (if using Nakornping Bridge) ; THIRD Soi on the right AFTER crossing over Charoenrat Road.

Using Nawarat Bridge ; take the first LEFT- riverside road -then about 200/300 metres on the right just after the BLUE petrol station turn right and the signs are clear from hereon.

The young lady in charge, who used to be at Nimmenheimen, knew nothing of its alleged closure.

The egg,bacon and wholewheat toast was good but why don't they know how to serve tea? She brought me a cup of hot water with a tea bag in the saucer. Tea must be made in a teapot and BOILING water poured in. Five minutes to brew, then add milk and sugar to taste. They brought no sugar. They brought no salt. Shouldn't have to ask for basic condiments. They don't neglect these necessities at Art Cafe.

You can have aftenoon tea for two at, I think it was 320 baht. Probably cheaper in the UK. And you'd get a proper teapot.

It's a very pleasant location and both the inside and outside settings were worth winding down the sois for. It reminded me of an English country cafe. Heaps better than either of the other two.The food is all you'd expect from Bake and Bite.

Edited by Asmerom

It has nothing at all to do with a rent increase. The owner will not renew the lease as he is trying to develop the entire block of land he owns between Nimmanheiman and the Canal Road. All of his tenants including the church and fitness center had to move when their lease was up. Khun Gai is still fighting it. I wish her luck!

The young lady in charge, who used to be at Nimmenheimen, knew nothing of its alleged closure.

The owner told me they were closing several times, but maybe something has changed.

Her husband? told me as recently as a week ago that their contract has finished at the Nimm. location and that they are closing it.

Thanks, I'll give it a go :D

Location, location, location if folks cannot find you and they are looking for you then you have a big problem no matter how great the food is. I get dizzy just trying to follow the directions posted here. Its like a treasure map :)

Turn off Kaewnawarat at the Yamaha music school (opposite PRC) into Kaewnawarat Soi 3. Continue down this soi. On your left about there is a Lanna style wooden restaurant. Go past that and take the next left turn. Continue to the very end of the soi et voila!

Soi 3 is actually a great little soi for lunch options. Very close to Bake and Bite is Ton Wah, a small Thai food place run by 3 or 4 sisters, that serves great Thai food for 30 baht per plate. They speak English. Opposite them is a kanom jin buffet and adjacent is a 'theme' restaurant serving mainly Northern Thai food. The theme is old mom and pop shop restaurant - you have to see it to understand.

From my first visit on I found the new Bake & Bite quite easy to find. It's very close to Floral condo and Arco Boleno. I had a party of 18 there for Thanksgiving and several guests commented on how well marked the signage was along the way. No guests had trouble finding it. Don't know what all the confusion is about.

From my first visit on I found the new Bake & Bite quite easy to find. It's very close to Floral condo and Arco Boleno. I had a party of 18 there for Thanksgiving and several guests commented on how well marked the signage was along the way. No guests had trouble finding it. Don't know what all the confusion is about.

I'm going to try again tomorrow, my confusion is that in the City Life Map in the current edition it indicates that it's on a soi off Bamrungrat rd very close to the British Council, hopefully I should have no problems with the directions now :)