A Cab From Bkk To Roi Et-yasothon Side

richardb

Dear all I have read in some posts that for a couple of people it can be economical to get a cab rather than fly into Khon Kaen/Ubon Ratchathani/Udon Thani. Of course I know the coach is easy but this time i land at 6.10am and the coach as far as i can make out soes not depart mo chit till 22.00 to Roi Et.

What do you recon. If so does anyone have any reconmendations for cab companies/drivers?

Thank you

Richard

Edited by richardb

hi there i cant reccomend a company or driver,but what i usually do is flag one down and ask how much to go buriram the y nearly all say 4500 baht,i jusy got one from bangkok to nongki nr buriram for 3000baht.

I had a nomber stored on my phone to use so wen i was in bangkok i phoned the guy up to take me but he sent 2 other guys to take me n they were both pissed up in a shitty taxi,i still took it but deleted the nomber.

So my friend look for a nice clean taxi and a pleasant looking driver n do a bit of haggling u shud be ok to go straight away..good luck.

a cab from BKK to Ubon Ratchat province is about 5000 baht (+ or -) providing you have the right guy for the job.

I am not sure what your budget is but taking a cab will not be too economical. Did you consider connecting on a

Thai airline domestic flight @ 1.40PM (you'll miss the earlier connection on both AirAsia & Thai) from Suvarnabhumi to Ubon Ratchathani and then a car service from Ubon to Roi-Et?

The cost association breakdown; airfare from BKK to Ubon approx 1900 baht + car service about 1000 baht = 2900baht to Roi-Et.

why don't you check out the Thai Air website for time-table and fares

The normal taxi's all have an official printed list on the back of the front seat showing their rates. The rate for a trip to Nakhon Ratchasima is 2500 baht, but I have never noticed any other rates.

You say the bus doesnt leave until 22.00.....rubbish..... buses leave every 20 minutes or so for every main city in Isaan and that is right through the day and night. If you just go to Mo-Chit bus station you will find that there are many many different bus companies all competing with each other, so if you go to one kiosk and the bus times dont suit then you just go to the next kiosk until you find the one you want.

HL :)

About 4-5 months ago, I took a morning bus to Roi Et. It took about 7 hours to get there.

According to the bus schedule listed here, there is an aircon bus leaving Bkk to Roi Et at 8 am. and also at 3 pm. The 10 pm bus seems to be the VIP bus schedule.

http://www.sawadee.com/transfer/bus-isan.htm

Here's a phone number for a different company called Transport Limited 02-936-0657 you can try to get their departure times.

Happy travels!

Edited by mauiguy90

I've got a normal taxi from the Sukhumvit Road area in BKK and the fare on the sheet says ROI ET 5500 THB if I remember correctly.

I've negotiated 4500 THB before as I live nearer Yaso than ROI ET.

Just buy the driver a meal at one of the service stops and they are usually more than happy.

I've got a normal taxi from the Sukhumvit Road area in BKK and the fare on the sheet says ROI ET 5500 THB if I remember correctly.

I've negotiated 4500 THB before as I live nearer Yaso than ROI ET.

Just buy the driver a meal at one of the service stops and they are usually more than happy.

Andy, where near Yasothon are you. I am probably moving up there after New Year (Sai Mun side) and never seen any other guys. Are there many of you guys in that neck of the woods?

Thanks everybody. Some helpful replies. For those who are interested I considered the Air asia flights to Ubon Ratchathani at 7.35 am but thought that a 6.10 landing might be cutting the conection fine. Yes there is a Thai air at 12.30 ( all others booked up now ) at 2500 baht one way per person . That leaves the Coach. Whilst I am prepared to book the coach ( and I am sure they are more frequent than I found in my original post ) Wifey will not hear of it. Her view is that on new years eve everbody will be travelling so the coachess will all be delayed by many hours. I cant see how this causes delays. I think that if we get tickets now we get on the bus. Wifey thinks that the bus companies will lie like b****s and overbook and we will never get on the bus. Wifey's track record of gettting round Thailand is questionable to say the least to the point where even natives of the North East as they switch to their coloquial Lao dialect, in a cab for instance, inhale deeply and say to her laughing " Your fallang husband is correct you should never have come this way/done that" etc .

On balance on the basis that if there is a chance she is right and we end up standing in a scrum at the bus station I think we will try for airasia on the day or get a cab all the way there. Various relatives having been informed of the cab option are already planning on getting a lift ( oh joy ).

Thanks all

Richard

Edited by richardb

Your last post just made me realise what day you were travelling on....your wife is correct mate but its not just the buses that are delayed....it seems like the whole of Bangkok will be on the move and what normally takes a three hour journey to Korat can take up to eight (yes eight) hours. My son came to visit me on a new years holiday once and he was in the back of a pick up from Bangkok, he did have a sore a..e when he got here.

All the service areas are jam packed too. Its like the city has been evacuated so if you can book a flight then you should mate.

HL :)

• 2 weeks later...