Lost In South-east Asia

tommybkk

Hello there TV people who are always there when it comes to expat advice,

I been in asia since exactly 1 year starting from today,

Visited and stayed almost everywhere in Thailand except the Isan country areas & the deep south that aren't within my area of interest,

I am a marketeer and work from home,

I am in the Philippines right now and do not feel like staying here anylonger,

I like Chiangmai alot unfortunately on a long term basis like I already did before it is a boring place to be especially for someone in it's early 20's,

Can someone help me out here, I like Bangkok but I would like to know if there are any areas with a residing foreign community?

Not NaNa or any entertainment area that's located near.

Thank you

most probably you know, but around khaosan rd you would meet some expatriates, teachers as well as "long term" tourists, staying for many months. The area is cheaper than sukumwit.

Instead of staying on a street with shophouses on both side, try a development near BTS Prakhanong.

post-77843-1260365380_thumb.jpg

Edited by trogers

Well mr. Moderator, you just destroyed my thread. I'm asking for suggestions about where to go in South East Asia, and Bangkok is just a part of it!

Anyway, what areas is Bangkok are recommendable for a foreigner to rent a condo?

Buildings frequented by foreigners, club house, swimmingpool...... Something nice and relaxing

Anyway, what areas is Bangkok are recommendable for a foreigner to rent a condo?

FAR too broad a Q-and asked to many times hat scrolling down and reading-spec. for BKK-would give endless advice and reports re areas. there simply is NO single area but multiple that would fit your reqrmts. Also_ there are many smaller areas catering more to 1 specific country-like Japan, Korea, GHermany, etc-in which even surrounded by other farang you might feel quite alienated. And what is your budget? do you sit all day in that MRT/BTS?

For longer time stays you might consider Cambodia-but thats probably also pretty as boring as CM for a longer time-or Malaysia-KL or Penang would easiily fit the bill.