Mitsubishi Triton

thaitim

You do not need a work permit (I am retired here and have no work permit). I think you will need more than just a "tourist" visa though. For sure an extention based on retirement would suffice. You also need to have proof of where you live and a Thai driving licence.

You do not need a work permit (I am retired here and have no work permit). I think you will need more than just a "tourist" visa though. For sure an extention based on retirement would suffice. You also need to have proof of where you live and a Thai driving licence.

I have a non im O muliple entry. Married to a Thai lady, 3 year old daughter. Where do I get proof of address?

I have a non im O muliple entry. Married to a Thai lady, 3 year old daughter. Where do I get proof of address?

You can get a letter from your embassy (which I did) , or visit the local Obator office and request such a letter/document (not sure exactly how to do this, as I have not done, but has been discussed on TV before).

I think you'll be able to get the license with your non-imm o. also your wife should have a tabien ban, house certificate, with a wedding ceritificate that should be enough but I am not completely 100 % sure. I drive the basic 2.5 two door Triton diesel, two seats in front and a rear bench that can take three but probably uncomfortable on a long trip. I picked it up in Bangkok at the auctions about 6 months ago. It's a functional, low maintenance work horse with no frills and it does everything I want. Mitsubishi locally checked the car out for me and said they would honour the original five year warranty. never had any mechanical problems with it since and we've put about 14,000 kms on the clock since we bought it in June. The truck is plenty big enough. The only thing I don't like is the paintwork isn't brilliant....it's perfectly adequate but I drive along dirt tracks quite a lot with lots of vegetation and the body scratches very easily. get one with metallic paint if you are likely to be doing something similar. We didn't need any license to purchase the vehicle and both my wife and I are aliens, but both of us have work permits etc. of all the things we have done since being here, getting jobs, getting married, having a baby and all the paperwork involved, I can tell you the smoothest thing was buying the car and then changing the ownership details....amazingly straightforward in comparison with trying to get a marriage certificate. I'd seriously recommend you check out www.union-auction.com if you are looking for a manual pick up, you'll get access to a range of vehicles at prices you won't get elsewhere, auctions every saturday afternoon. you can download the catalogue on Fridays and see what is on offer and get an idea of prices etc. with the driving licence I presented a UK licence with the paper equivalent and work permit and it was issued immediately following a rudimentary colour blindness test. you'll need to bring a doctor's note saying you are fit to drive....this will cost 50 baht or less ! Any clinic will issue it and I'd be surprised if they say anything to you other than ask your name! Good luck

I think you'll be able to get the license with your non-imm o. also your wife should have a tabien ban, house certificate, with a wedding ceritificate that should be enough but I am not completely 100 % sure. I drive the basic 2.5 two door Triton diesel, two seats in front and a rear bench that can take three but probably uncomfortable on a long trip. I picked it up in Bangkok at the auctions about 6 months ago. It's a functional, low maintenance work horse with no frills and it does everything I want. Mitsubishi locally checked the car out for me and said they would honour the original five year warranty. never had any mechanical problems with it since and we've put about 14,000 kms on the clock since we bought it in June. The truck is plenty big enough. The only thing I don't like is the paintwork isn't brilliant....it's perfectly adequate but I drive along dirt tracks quite a lot with lots of vegetation and the body scratches very easily. get one with metallic paint if you are likely to be doing something similar. We didn't need any license to purchase the vehicle and both my wife and I are aliens, but both of us have work permits etc. of all the things we have done since being here, getting jobs, getting married, having a baby and all the paperwork involved, I can tell you the smoothest thing was buying the car and then changing the ownership details....amazingly straightforward in comparison with trying to get a marriage certificate. I'd seriously recommend you check out www.union-auction.com if you are looking for a manual pick up, you'll get access to a range of vehicles at prices you won't get elsewhere, auctions every saturday afternoon. you can download the catalogue on Fridays and see what is on offer and get an idea of prices etc. with the driving licence I presented a UK licence with the paper equivalent and work permit and it was issued immediately following a rudimentary colour blindness test. you'll need to bring a doctor's note saying you are fit to drive....this will cost 50 baht or less ! Any clinic will issue it and I'd be surprised if they say anything to you other than ask your name! Good luck

Just got my 5 year licence for the car and motorbike with a 2 week tourist visa in issan with know issues at all, it surely depends a lot on where you apply...good luck op...hd, oh by the way no tests at all for the one year licence or the 5 year licence, but had an idp and uk licence to show them, but when the 5 year runs out i will have to sit a test like the thais do as their law applies to us as well on the 5 year renewal....

I have the 2.5l low ride top of the range (ABS, Air Bags) and am very happy with it. Before choosing I read all the reviews and my last consideration was the appearance.

We leave Bkk every weekend, being on the hwys so much safety was very important (part of why I got the low version) and the Triton seemed to be better than others, especially in handling. I've driven the Vigo and D-Max quite a bit, the Triton feels more like a sedan than these two, much more comfortable. It's seems to have more power than the D-Max and Vigo, goes thru a little more fuel than the Isuzu and less than the Vigo.

If you expect to be carrying really heavy loads often, it may not be the best. However if you need a pick up, but won't be using it as a work horse then I think it's the best choice.

The worst thing is the resale, only Isuzu and Toyota have decent resale. Considering this you might look for a second hand one, it depends how much time you have and how much hassle you want to go thru.

I just bought a 2.5l, 2 door, black Triton, 2006. It was my first and only choice as I love the design, both interior and exterior, it was brilliant in crash tests and from what I heard/read, it's a very reliable pickup.

My advise is: go for it!

In the near future I'd like to lower the suspension a few inches....anyone has an idea how and how much for a good job (not just cutting the springs)?