Khon Kaen Immigration Office - Newly Opened

Forgot to mention above, even though nothing against the said officer, she made several stamping mistakes with my renewal and re-entry data.

Thus the ruler came out and many corrections made.

Imagine the arrival officers at various locations will have fun sifting through all the mess. My passport looks like a battlefield!

• 5 months later...

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If heading North on Highway 2 from the center of town (i.e. from Central Plaza) you have to go past the KKU Entrance (on the Left) and the IMM office (which will be on the Right) then make a U-Turn and come back. Or else you can just land your helicopter on the big

H

Just a quick question about KK office and the 400k baht for marriage required because every year like the fool I am I forget what I gave them the year before.

Updated bank book confirming balance of at least 400k for the previous 3 months at date of application.

Letter from the bank confirming the balance.

Do I need a copy ( or 2) of all the pages of the bank book or will just presenting the bank book and the letter suffice? If they need copies does the bank have to sign them on every page?

I seem to recall last year presenting a bank printout plus copy on sheets of A4 showing all the transactions leading up to the extension application and signed and stamped by the bank on every page but the immi officer just gave them back to me.

Any feedback for recent extensions greatly appreciated.

I did the same in February this year.

Money in the bank for 2 months. They were quite happy with that.

I submitted a copy of every bank book page since application last year. Signed by me.

In my experience with Immigration over the years, whatever you produce they will find something else to copy and will give something back as not needed. :D

Cheers LB. Seems straightforward enough. Though of course there's always that moment when the immi officer pauses, starts flicking back or scrutinising in more detail and you think " Here we go.... "

At NK once it was " Where's your work permit?"

" I don't have one"

"Why?"

"Because I don't have a job"

" You should do."

Err........ What can I say?

• 2 weeks later...

Went to Khon Kaen IMM today for 90-day report ... and (as there was no one waiting) a littlle conversation. All I can say (or sing) is a la Mr. Rogers "It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood..."

Once in NK similar to above:

NK: Do you have a wife?

J: Not officially.

NK: Why didn't you bring her?

J: She doesn't speak English.

NK: Oh ... Neeext ...