I Lost A Whole Baht On My Euro The Last Week :(

You speak the truth, oh wise one!

:)

Now, it's not a question of will the Euro crash, just how badly!

Anyone bluffing it out that the Euro will hold firm is a very brave man!

anyone bluffing it out that the Pound will hold firm is a very brave man! :D

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeeze Parry take your tongue out his arse, it only encourages more <deleted> from him.

Anyone who says the Euro ain't in trouble also is talking out their back passage.

Edited by neil324

Nope. I know his history as a bloke now. Respect.

Jeeze Parry take your tongue out his arse, it only encourages more <deleted> from him.

Anyone who says the Euro ain't in trouble also is talking out their back passage.

currency threads in Thaivisa are most interesting. every now and then when there is a trend to watch a few experts start and the chorus as well as a whole orchestra of know-nothings chime in and sing (depending on the season) "the Dollar is doomed, the Pound is doomed, the Euro is doomed, the [insert currency] is doomed". the song ends most of the time with a forceful "the Baht will crash!" sung by the wishful thinkers.

av-11672.gif

1st three currency you mention . . yes. 'fraid so.

currency threads in Thaivisa are most interesting. every now and then when there is a trend to watch a few experts start and the chorus as well as a whole orchestra of know-nothings chime in and sing (depending on the season) "the Dollar is doomed, the Pound is doomed, the Euro is doomed, the [insert currency] is doomed". the song ends most of the time with a forceful "the Baht will crash!" sung by the wishful thinkers.

av-11672.gif

Anyone know anything about a pan-Asian bond market?

never heard. nearly all asian bonds are traded in HKG and SIN albeit not on the exchanges but OTC.

This is VERY important regards the disconnect between East-West and the export of Western debt.

A friend mentioned it. I'll ask him to clarify.

never heard. nearly all asian bonds are traded in HKG and SIN albeit not on the exchanges but OTC.

This is VERY important regards the disconnect between East-West and the export of Western debt. A friend mentioned it. I'll ask him to clarify.

? :) ?

Edited by Naam

The PIIGS issue is really hitting home now. Portugal's credit rating has just been downgraded and the UK's is under threat. Angela Merkel has thrown the cat among the pigeon's by insisting that if Greece need bailing out (and I can't see any other option) the IMF need to get involved. France don't like that one little bit, as they want to keep it within the Eurozone.

I don't fully understand France's standpoint, but I'm guessing that it's because IMF involvement will almost certainly place restrictions on the Euro and, therefore, the monetary and fiscal policies of countries who are in the Euro. I remember when the IMF bailed out the UK in the 70's, and it was a shocker.

And we in the UK can laugh and laugh because we're not in the Euro - oops, 45 baht to the £ today. I wonder if a new UK government would boost the markets?

This is VERY important regards the disconnect between East-West and the export of Western debt. A friend mentioned it. I'll ask him to clarify.

? :) ?

He explains to much better than I ever could.

Basically, there's a pan-Asian bond market being set up which means Asia can grow without needing to sell stuff to the West and recycle the debt, i.e., lend the money received from the West from the sale of goods back to the West so they can continue to sell their goods to the West.

Simple as that really.

I'll see if I can find what he wrote about it.

He explains to much better than I ever could.

Basically, there's a pan-Asian bond market being set up which means Asia can grow without needing to sell stuff to the West and recycle the debt, i.e., lend the money received from the West from the sale of goods back to the West so they can continue to sell their goods to the West.

Simple as that really.

I'll see if I can find what he wrote about it.

his explanation is relatively, absolutely and totally bull :)

• 1 month later...

Saw it broke through 40 this morning , 39.98 , :)

Its all going a bit to rapid to my taste , its going to be hard when living on fixed euro's .

Euro must be on a record low right now to the baht , never saw it below 40 before .

• 1 month later...
now portugal is also rated down-

soon will see 41 for 1 euro.

I Reckon 32-38 within I month an I would prefer 50 but we have to live with it. macroeconomics,

The Greek financial crisis is the latest example of the gap between reality and rhetoric. At root, it is a crisis of “enlargement,” in this case enlargement of the euro-zone. Unprecedented effort at fiscal discipline in the 1990’s – helped in Greece by creative accounting – enabled Portugal, Italy, Greece, and Spain (disobligingly known as the PIGS) to meet the entry criteria in 2002. But once in, the pressure was off. Most of the Mediterranean countries continued on their spendthrift ways, confident that the markets would not call them to account.

yes I was right but even I have to bow to the ability of others who clearly see and comprehend a more complex financial down-trend, there I ask can we have your esteemed knowledge where it might help ex-pats make knowledgeable transactions.