I Lost A Whole Baht On My Euro The Last Week :(

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At my last ATM visit one week ago I got 48,65thb for my euro and today only 47,7

You lost 2% to the powerful Baht value....in just one week

If I were you I would rush to the airport and start counting your money, back home.

LaoPo :)

""At my last ATM visit one week ago I got 48,65thb for my euro and today only 47,7 sad.gif""

I suggest you talk with your bank cos I think you getting ripped.Kasikornbank pays today 48.15 Baht for banknotes so atm should give an even better rate

today kasikorn gave 48.4 (TT/telex/bank transfer rate) which however is still several valuable percentages below recent weeks around the ~50bt mark :-(

now if only beer lao was available freely I'd suck up my poor timing on exchanges (again) :)

At my last ATM visit one week ago I got 48,65thb for my euro and today only 47,7 sad.gif

It's bad news makmak.

if you are hungry you are welcome to my house to have a proper meal.

:)

LaoPo

If I now transfer the Euro equivalent of the 800,000 I need to show for a retirement extension, I will lose about 35,000 compared with the rate 10 days ago.

That's a fair few Leos :)

No, thats LIFE

35B last time I bought one :D

real leo's is at 45bt (large bottle), but never mind timing of exchange rate for the xfers from overseas is really 'tough luck' unless one were to put in a bit of 'hedging' in multiple currencies e.g. eur+usd+yen+sgd+thb etc.

anyone know/suggest the most 'stable' (highly traded) currency against the baht if not USD? is there perhaps any asian more tightly 'pegged' currency like SGD, MYR, J

PY???

Hi folks, I wanted to start a new thread on this but guess I will post here for now. I just went back to Vietnam and cashed out all of my money there (was living there before coming here in September) and of the three currencies I was looking at, the Euro gave me a slight edge value-wise, so I went with that. I now have 4860 Euro. I come on here and I see that the Euro was listed as high as 49+ just a few weeks ago but is now at 47.106 or something and likely going down, that equates to about ten thousand baht. What's the general consensus? Although the Euro was the better value in Vietnam looks like it's not a good one here? Think it will go back up? Any reason for decline or just usual market unpredictability?

Asked at one currency exchange if I could go directly from Euro to another int'l, such as dollar (usd) but they said no. Edit: I am not a European and don't travel there, just used the currency as it offered a bit of a higher value. Feels strange holding onto money you'll never use.

Edited by Portlandstone

• 1 month later...

yeah we approach 45 now (or below 1.40 eur/usd), but this week it seems the pair (eur/usd) & thus eur/thb is in some kind of uncanny indecisive mood unable to set sight on up or down trend from here (pretty much 'mid rate')...

almost too exciting to stand LOL

yeah we approach 45 now (or below 1.40 eur/usd), but this week it seems the pair (eur/usd) & thus eur/thb is in some kind of uncanny indecisive mood unable to set sight on up or down trend from here (pretty much 'mid rate')...

almost too exciting to stand LOL

just by the feel of it, using 'tech' speak it seems there is no floor. I've been watching the eur/baht rate every day and you see two days down, one day tiny bounce up, then down a couple more days and so on.