Non-b & Wp Cancel & Extension

I need expert advice on my situation. I will give you the facts and then the questions. I have a Non-B visa and was granted an extension based on that which will expire on Feb 8th, 2010.

I am currently employed but will lose my job on Jan. 5th, 2010. Obviously my work permit will be cancelled the next day or two.

I am married to a Thai wife-we got married in the USA and we have a son that is 4 years old that was born in Thailand.

I have made over 40,000baht per month over the last year. I only have 50,000baht in my bank account.

I want to get a 1 year extension based on my marriage.

My questions are-

1) Do I ask for an automatic - one time 60 day extension first and then apply for my 1 year extension based on my marriage or do I try to get the 1 year extension right away?

2) Will the cancellation of my work permit cause me problems in getting my 1 year extension?

I am worried that even though I made enough income per month for the past year to qualify for the 1 year extension, they might say now I have no work so how will you support your family.

Thank you for your help, I am very nervous about my situation.

Once you lose your job, your permissioon to stay will be cancelled the same day. You will have to go to immigration for this or just leave the country.

If you want you can get an extension of stay from immigration for 60 days. You will not be able to get a one year extension of stay based on income, as you no longer have an income of 40,000 baht a month. You also don't have at least 400,000 in a Thai bankaccount.

It seems you will have 60 days to find another job and extend based on that. If you can't, you will need to get a non-O visa from abroad.

KL will issue a Multi Entry Non Imm O Visa if you have some money in the bank.

100,000 Baht has been posted as a successful amount , but they may well issue with less.

As Mario said the 60 day extension will take you up to March.

Thank you so much Mario and LB. A couple of other quick questions-

1) If I get another job within 60 days and get an extension based on that, then I will always have the problem of a cancelled WP and my visa ending the next day. Would it be a good idea to then apply for 1 year extension based on marriage so I don't have to always worry if I lose or change a job?

2) If I go to KL for thenNon O visa, will that let me stay in Thailand for 1 year or will I have to do visa runs? I don't want to do visa runs.

3) If go to KL, should I bring my wife and son and how long will I have to stay in KL?

Thanks again for all your help!!

1. yes, you could do that, as long as your income is at least 40,000 a month.

2. The multiple-entry visa will give you an unlimited number of entries into Thailand, but each entry is only for a maximum of 90 days. After that you have to leave, but can return to Thailand the same day for a new 90 days.

3. A copy of the marriage certificate, your wife's ID and a note from her asking for a visa for you should be enough, as well as your bankbook showing some funds.

You apply day 1 and pick it up the next working day.

2) If you do a border run just before your visa expires, you will be stamped in for a further 90 days on entry stretching your visa to 15 months.

3) The MFA website page for KL embassy recently indicates that tabbian bahn (house book) is also required, so best to take that with you too if you go that route.

Apply morning Day 1 and collect afternoon Day 2

http://www.mfa.go.th/web/1321.php?depid=220

1. yes, you could do that, as long as your income is at least 40,000 a month.

2. The multiple-entry visa will give you an unlimited number of entries into Thailand, but each entry is only for a maximum of 90 days. After that you have to leave, but can return to Thailand the same day for a new 90 days.

3. A copy of the marriage certificate, your wife's ID and a note from her asking for a visa for you should be enough, as well as your bankbook showing some funds.

You apply day 1 and pick it up the next working day.

Thank you so much Mario for your quick response and accurate info.

LAST QUESTION-

I only need a single entry visa as I never travel out of the country and don't want to do visa runs.

Can I get a single entry Non O visa in KL instead of a multi entry?

Thanks!!