Kenaf Needed

ericthai

Hi guys..

We are looking for anyone that is growing Kenaf or Rosel. We prefer raw just harvested Kenaf but are willing to take just the core or the bast. We are located in Si Saket area but are looking for Kenaf in any part of Thailand. We would like large qty's but are ready to talk about any amount you have. We know most Thai farmer that grow Kenaf sell that bast and throw away or use the core as fire wood, we are to buy this core. Like I said we perfer to purchase the whole plant just cut because we process 100% of the plant. We have found most farmers are ready to sell to us raw kenaf than to process it and get the bast as they can get paid right away, compared to cutting it, retting it and then stripping and baling the bast which takes several weeks and allot of work.

Also we are looking for farmers to grow for us. we will provide seeds sign a contact for the guaranteed purchase at a fixed price. It will depend on where you are, how much land you have and if we can get other farmers in your area for us to offer a growing contract, ie we are not going to enter into a contract with someone to grow kenaf on 5 rai in Chang mai

Please PM me.

Thanks

Are you processing the plant for fibres to make paper ??

If so how does your contract compare to double A's ? Could be an alternative for those considering eucalyptus with a quicker return on the investment. I've seen it quoted that ; 4,000 m2 of kenaf produces 5 to 8 tons of raw plant bast and core fiber in a single growing season any idea of the average figures for Thailand ??

cheers for now J

Kenaf matures in about 5-6 months time. One rai currently produces about 1 mts, however this is using the local seeds and the thai way of planting seeds which is just throwing them around. The seeds we supply are of a different varity that produces more yearild and with proper planting 2 tons per rai can be archived.

No we are not using the fiber to make paper, we process the fiber and core producing various products that we export to Japan, Europe and Korea.

Depending on the location will depend on what we can pay, due to transportation costs to our processing facility. Average is about 800 baht per wet ton (recently cut 1-2 weeks old) Some places a little lower, some places a little higher, again will depend on location. If we can get a good group together in one area then we will consider setting up a small processing, staging area for partial processing for easy transport. If you want to talk and have me come meet with you, you can PM me.

• 2 weeks later...

My wife and I have inherited about 10 rai of dry land between Korat and Phimai. We have started to plant Euca but I've put the plan on hold as I'm not sure of a viable future for the Euca pulp.

I need to further study the requirements of Kenaf but it may do well here.

Do you want to discus supplying us with seeds in return for crop as suggested?