Supermarket Liquor Sales

Singhaman

I may have missed this but on a recent visit to Thailand I found a new law had been introduced banning sales of Alcoholic Liquor in Supermarkets in quantities of less than 10 litres between 2pm and 5 pm, including Big C, Carrefour, Tops etc. On returning to my apartment however I found Seven 11 as well as other covenience stores were all happy to oblige. I saw this law was applicable to the whole of Thailand, not just Pattaya. I cannot work out the logic of this law as it would only harm the supermarkets so does anyone have an explanation or is it more Thai logic?

[/color]

I may have missed this but on a recent visit to Thailand I found a new law had been introduced banning sales of Alcoholic Liquor in Supermarkets in quantities of less than 10 litres between 2pm and 5 pm, including Big C, Carrefour, Tops etc. On returning to my apartment however I found Seven 11 as well as other covenience stores were all happy to oblige. I saw this law was applicable to the whole of Thailand, not just Pattaya. I cannot work out the logic of this law as it would only harm the supermarkets so does anyone have an explanation or is it more Thai logic?

[/color]

Thai logic dude, best discussed amongst friends with the approved 10 litres of alchohol which can be purchased anytime. :o