Immigration Sakhon Nakhon

Myself and two Farang friends from Kalasin made the trip to Sakhon Nakhon for our Yearly Visa Extentions.... Arrived at 8:45am, and there was only cute young Thai girl / lady there, but she went right to work on our paperwork, and 30 minutes later we walked out with all three of us having our Visa Extentions... O.K., about 15 minutes after she started helping us, two men came into the office and one of them started to help her with our paperwork... And as a plus she offered to do my 90 Day Report even though it was not due for another 21 days...

We were prepared with the proper documents, and she obviously knew what she was doing, so it was the easiest Extension I have ever done... The only thing that she requested that we had not anticipated was putting our phone #'s on the application...

I provided the usual items:

Original TM47 Application w/photo

One Copy of Passport Title Page

One Copy of each Passport Page relating to the Current Visa and / or Extensions

One Copy of my Bank Book pages for the past year (they did want to see regular activity in the account)

Original Letter from my Bank dated yesterday (Balance over the 800,00 required)

One Copy of my Yellow House Book

Both of my friends provided copies of Income Letter's from the US Embassy, and both were told that they could use their current Letters for next year as well...

We did not include nor did they request, Photos of our Houses, Maps of how to find our Houses nor any other such items...

Basically it was a very easy and pleasant experience, which is nice considering some of my past Extension experiences at an "Un-Named" Office on the River...

Pianoman

Indeed, I would. I was able to dig up the address in Thai just now, used thai2english.com to transliterate it, and added it to the placemark information now:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?f=q&sou...9bf245bd4a513d4

As usual, the Thai address does not use a street name and house number but if somebody has it I will add it to the English address. The street name seems to Chai Pha Suk and I don't know if they even use house numbers in that neck of the woods.

--

Maestro

pianoman: Did your friends with letters from US Embassy had to show any bank book and bank statement? I had to do that though I had letter from my embassy showing income of more than 1,3 million baht. But maybe they don´t trust the Swedish Embassy... Or I was unlucky to meet a man and not a woman...

Isaanben

PS The name of the street is Chai Phasuk

• 6 months later...

I just completed my first Visa extension run to Sakon Nakhon. Two years ago I went to Mukdahan which is 80 kilometres from my home, an hour to the Immigration office, a nice easy drive, but you had to put up with the dragon lady to get your extension. Last year I had to go to Nakhon Pathom, which from my house the easiest way to go was to drive to Mukdahan wave to the immigration office there and then drive almost 2 hours further to Nakhon Pathom, this was not conducive to my blood pressure levels, or my farang sense of logic.

This year they changed it to Sakon Nakhon, okay it is closer than Nakhon Pathom, 115 kilometres from my house and a scenic drive through the Phu Phan Mountains, just a little under two hours. The immigration person was an attractive young lady (this always starts things off right for me) she was very nice took all my paper work including my 90 day reporting and asked me to have a seat. She did not ask me one question and about 10 minutes later she called me and had given me the extension and extended my 90 day reporting.

The whole thing was painless and quick, and well worth the extra hour drive to avoid the hassle in Mukdahan. As a bonus Sakon Nakhon has a very good Big C and Makro, I shopped at both and topped up my western food supply. The route from my house takes me right past the Thai French Meat Company where I also shopped. The only documents I supplied was a letter from my embassy stating that I had a monthly income of 65,000 baht, the two immigration forms for extension of visa and 90 day reporting, one visa photo, a copy of every page on my passport and a health certificate. Now I’m good to next July 29 and then I will have three one year extensions on the same visa and will be eligible to apply for residence status. Does anyone know if there is an advantage to being a resident? Issangeorge.

Both of my friends provided copies of Income Letter's from the US Embassy, and both were told that they could use their current Letters for next year as well...

The nice girl told me nearly the same.

"As long you show proof, that the (needed ?) amount of money comes in to your account, they can/will accept old statements."

• 7 months later...

The nice girl told me nearly the same.

"As long you show proof, that the (needed ?) amount of money comes in to your account, they can/will accept old statements."

As of March 1, 2011 this is no longer the case. New boss requires a new Income letter every year (increases the cost of Visa extension by 1550 plus trip expenses) each year.

In addition to the Income letter the new boss also requires that you include copies of all pages of your bank book.

Real bummer and staff is helpless to do anything but what the new boss wants. Staff is still very friendly but must do what new boss wants.

So now I have to get a new income letter quickly and copy bank book all pages and make another trip to Sakon Nakhon and hope that there are no other hidden requirements that I have not been told about.

Will try to get it all done and make another trip on March 11 for VISA retirement extension.

But be alerted that it is not the same friendly Immigration boss as we were so fortunate to have last year.

Edited by Wash