Installing Us Made Door Knobs In Bangkok Condo

j0hnga1t

I want to replace the front door lock on my new condo and my fiancee suggested I buy a new one here in the US. She said they are better quality. Will I be able to just swap them out myself (i.e. are the holes the same size) or will it not fit and I shouldn't waste my money?

There are far better door locks available in Thailand than Yale. Assa Abloy the largest lock company in the World owns several great brands including Mult-T-Lock You can walk into selected Home Pro or Home Works and buy Mul-T-Lock entrance locks primarily in metropolitan Stores. Assa Abloy sells other lines of locks via several sales channels. The April 2007 Consumer Reports rated Medeco entrance lock models #1 and #2 with Assa V6000 the 3rd highested rated door lock at that time. In a rating of 31 entrance door locks, Yale was rated #16, 19, and 21. Schlage and Lockwood are also available in Thailand. Some Medeco Cam and Micro Switch locks are available from the Assa Abloy distributor in Bangkok. The price of Mul-T-lock door locks in Thailand is very similar to the price in America, but if you buy the door lock here it will be covered under the warranty and can be serviced in Thailand.

You might check out the www.assaabloy.com web site and contact the Bangkok office for more information on the locks they sell in Thailand. The Distributor of Mul-T-lock in Thailand is V.T.C. Enterprises www.vtc.co.th They post a list of places to buy their high security locks at

http://www.vtc.co.th/en/where_to_buy.php

The contact person for Assa Abloy in Bangkok is

Kornsiri C. (POP)

PEU & Elmech Sales Manager

ASSA ABLOY (THAILAND) Limited

Phone: +66 2 722 7371 upto 74

Fax: +66 2 722 7375 upto 76

Mobile: +66 81 814 4898, +66 89 200 7299

E-mail: [email protected]

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

So I happened to be in HomePro the other day. Decided to check out Multi-Lock.

They are 8 times the price of normal lockset.

Fortunately for me someone has installed a multi-lock deadbolt on my condo.

The locksmith can open it just as fast as any other brand.

So if you like driving a Jaguar then this is the lockset you want.