Glitterman Threads

gmac

I have found over the past few days that there have been very few threads to arouse my interest apart from those started by the now famous Pattaya Glitterman. I have added the word Pattaya to his name in the hope that this may keep the topic Pattaya related for long enough to beat closure by the mods who appear to be racing between themselves to see who can be first to close his latest thread.

I thought the music thread thread had potential but just as I arrive in the forum, clunk/snip the thread closes.

So this is a heartfelt plea to the Glitterman to include a few Pattaya references in his next outpourings, as, sad individual that I am I look forward to reading them. :)

Isn't this all getting a bit silly now? Alcohol then Television then Music?

Message to Glitterman/Goldman why not contribute to existing topics, such as food and drink in Pattaya etc. etc. it would be interesting to hear your views.

Thanks!

Edited by syd barrett

Isn't this all getting a bit silly now? Alcohol then Television then Music?

Message to Glitterman/Goldman why not contribute to existing topics, such as food and drink in Pattaya etc. etc. it would be interesting to hear your views.

Thanks!

My point exactly. We have existing threads that are getting pretty dull, it was quite interesting to have a different character appearing albeit with a strange slant and unrelated to Thailand. I was hoping with a bit of redirection he may have some worthwhile contributions to make that were Thai related.

Glitterman, he's a bit of an eccentric, isn't he :)

I've read his topics and in the main I don't agree with him, but somebody expressing their views? There is nothing wrong with that.

I haven't subscribed to his threads so I didn't realise that the mods had closed them. That is a shame. After all, he brings a smile to many faces and is now almost a part of Pattaya, so any thing he might post could be loosely described as Pattaya related.

Keep up the good work Glitterman, but don't try too hard to be a preacher Na!

I took issue with his anti alcohol thread only because I don't believe you should take your predujices or campaigns outside your home country. No problem if someone is anti alcohol, or anything for that matter, but don't ram it down the necks of folks in a foreign land.

He would do better if he made his threads Thailand, or Pattaya in his case, specific. For example his music thread could have mentioned some venues around town he thought he worthy of a visit. Or discussed the music scene, or lack of, in Pattaya and suggested music styles that would enhance the place.

Alternatively he could post in "Farang pub and entertainment" or whatever it's called.

For years now i have seen Glitterman around Patters and thaught that he was a bit of a character but now that i have heard him "speak" so to speak ,i think i liked him better when he didnt ,now the mystery has gone and he comes over as just anotherone of the "sad" Pattaya brigade.

Glitterman ,less is more stop!!!

Edited by thaimate

If Glitterman drops the ball, I would consider doing some topics of my own, if you would like.

For example, Jingthing Speaks on Lubricants

Has it been verified that the Glitterman here is the bonafide or perhaps a poseur?

Edited by Jingthing

And it is verty strange to me that someone who claims to be from english roots and well educated makes so strange spelling mistakes that one would think that it is someone completely different opening the threads under the glitterman name. :)

Not that I support if the threads would come in fact from a kind of person that would be stamped village idiot in our home country's but announced a hero on TV.

Gives me the feeling that there are many similar types posting on this forum.

And it is verty strange to me that someone who claims to be from english roots and well educated makes so strange spelling mistakes that one would think that it is someone completely different opening the threads under the glitterman name. :)

Not that I support if the threads would come in fact from a kind of person that would be stamped village idiot in our home country's but announced a hero on TV.

Gives me the feeling that there are many similar types posting on this forum.

I agree.

It's obvious he isn't THE Glitterman, who is an eccentric posh bloke and who has probably had a decent education. This imposter is a stranger to the basics of English grammar - and boring to boot.

Whoever, he is or isn't at least we have something different for a while. People loved 'weho', it appears from references I have read about him, though I think before my time, and he posted some weird stuff, what we have here is a bit of an eccentric who is at least a topic for discussion, and maybe fulfills a similar need on the board. Does it matter if he's real or not, lets all just wonder and in the meantime if something he, whoever, he might be, posts something that is interesting to you, comment, if not, ignore it, just like any other post.

At least it's not another thread about food....(sorry Jingthing no offence meant), nothing wrong with the food threads, or baht buses, just nice to have something a bit different from time to time

If Glitterman drops the ball, I would consider doing some topics of my own, if you would like.

Has it been verified that the Glitterman here is the bonafide or perhaps a poseur?

hi Jing

is it time for a is he? or isn't he? poll?

I'm not quite sure if some of the members of TV are ready for a poll on lubricants.

I'm not quite sure if some of the members of TV are ready for a poll on lubricants.

Oil not be voting!! :)

hi Jing

is it time for a is he? or isn't he? poll?

I wouldn't mind, but that would clearly be against forum rules.

The Glitterman threads were closed because there was no relation to Thailand in general or anything specifically Pattaya related.

Please refer to the forum Netiquette to be found here

10. Please keep topics related to the forums they are in. General Forum is for Thailand related topics not covered in other forums. Other forums cover other issues, the forum title and description will tell you if you are posting the right thing in the right place.

It is a "please" with sugarcoating as we do not want everything an iron clad rule unless circumstances force us to do so.

Thanks to all of you for your understanding. :)

raro

- moderation team -

The Glitterman threads were closed because there was no relation to Thailand in general or anything specifically Pattaya related.

Please refer to the forum Netiquette to be found here

10. Please keep topics related to the forums they are in. General Forum is for Thailand related topics not covered in other forums. Other forums cover other issues, the forum title and description will tell you if you are posting the right thing in the right place.

It is a "please" with sugarcoating as we do not want everything an iron clad rule unless circumstances force us to do so.

Thanks to all of you for your understanding. :)

raro

- moderation team -

wish I could understand that but guess we can start our own sites for specifically Pattaya related subjects that arent specifically Pattaya related subjects

]wish I could understand that but guess we can start our own sites for specifically Pattaya related subjects that arent specifically Pattaya related subjects

ok...once again for you:

This forum is called Thaivisa. As the name suggests, the topics discussed in here should be Thailand related.

In the Pattaya subforum, we like to see discussions about Pattaya related issues.

Got it? Not that difficult, I think. If not, we also have seminars, but that'll cost you. :)

We should start a thread about all the threads, that get closed it seems the only ones worth reading get closed. But hey at least that leaves more room for more sin sod, should i buy a bar or does she really love me threads. Really I wonder sometimes.

If all these threads started by the Glitterman from Pattaya are actually started by the "REAL" glitterman or whatever his name is, then i am not surprised he rides around on a bike.........got to be the quickest getaway when the men in white coats are chasing you??? :)

We should start a thread about all the threads, that get closed it seems the only ones worth reading get closed. But hey at least that leaves more room for more sin sod, should i buy a bar or does she really love me threads. Really I wonder sometimes.

For you future education, discussion about moderation in an open forum is absolutely not allowed.