Housing Developement 2 In And Out Only

alant

i quite like the developement i live on, it is 5 to 6 km out of the city, near to big c don chan just off the 1317 past the second ring road opposite the karaoke restaurant and bar. good neighbours and generally a pleasent environment.

recently there has been a growth in technology which has resulted in the installation of electric gates which are currently operated by security but, as residents have been informed, from the end of this year, residents will need a card to get in and out.

ok progress happens and even in thailand you see more and more of technology replacing staff.

what i find less acceptable is that each property gets 2 cards. you can have more but you have to pay for each one.

why do i find this less than satisfactory? well simply because they sold houses that were purchased in good faith with 3, 4, maybe 5 bedrooms. in fact i think very few of the properties are 2 bedrooms or less.

is it reasonable to assume that if a house is designed for more than 2 occupants then access for all who live there should be a part of the deal?

ok if you lose cards, it is reasonable to be required to pay for replacements but not to have access to your property because you are over the limit of 2...

i doubt there will be anyone that says "they (the housing company) cant do that" as a lack of consumer rights is just one of those quaint things that makes life interesting here so instead i thought i would tell people to beware if they are considering purchasing property especially on this developement :)

Just as a comparison - my one BR condo in BKK gave us 2 keycards and the option of having a third at reduced rate (losing cards = 500B, but we can get a third card for 200B)

The 2 BR condos have an option of 2 extra cards at discount rate, I think they actually got 3 cards free so with the extras would give them 5.

Something you might like to point out to your management.

Hope they employ a guard to let you in (and out) during power cuts. :)

Just as a comparison - my one BR condo in BKK gave us 2 keycards and the option of having a third at reduced rate (losing cards = 500B, but we can get a third card for 200B)

The 2 BR condos have an option of 2 extra cards at discount rate, I think they actually got 3 cards free so with the extras would give them 5.

Something you might like to point out to your management.

Hope they employ a guard to let you in (and out) during power cuts. :)

hi

yes good point re the power cuts, looking at the staffing i cant see how they will reduce it much yet still allow manual entry including for non pass holders and do the trips around the estate.

i think i will ask for a rain shelter as well after last night :D

It's not that hard to copy those cards. :) Ask at Panthip or similar where they do magnetic stripe cards.

And besides, there will still be a security guard to open the thing for you. (Also to let in guests, the water truck guys, Yours Truly when going for a swim at the rather nice pool you have there, etc, etc, etc. No worries. They're doing the cards because it looks fancy, not because it's more secure or more convenient than a dude with at least one arm.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

It's not that hard to copy those cards. :) Ask at Panthip or similar where they do magnetic stripe cards.

And besides, there will still be a security guard to open the thing for you. (Also to let in guests, the water truck guys, Yours Truly when going for a swim at the rather nice pool you have there, etc, etc, etc. No worries. They're doing the cards because it looks fancy, not because it's more secure or more convenient than a dude with at least one arm.

pop round the next time you are in the area (let me know first!)

Edited by alant

They've done something similar at our new condo but with the parking facilities.

We have 3 cards for personnel entry to a 2 bedroomed apartment which is fine, but we've been allocated just 1 car parking spot.

To enter the residents car park we have to use key card entry. We have to purchase / rent another card at B1000 per month if we wish to park the second car. Rather cheeky if you ask me.

We're currently parking the second car in the visitors area and will continue to do so as I object to being charged extra for a second spot in a condo that has 2 bedrooms.

Cars take up space so although I object I can understand some of the logic. However restricting personnel cards to 2 per household is simply ridiculous. The op should be kicking up a real fuss about this one...

Question though - how will visitors and delivery drivers enter the Moo Ban ? surely there must be some permanent security on guard ?

They've done something similar at our new condo but with the parking facilities.

We have 3 cards for personnel entry to a 2 bedroomed apartment which is fine, but we've been allocated just 1 car parking spot.

To enter the residents car park we have to use key card entry. We have to purchase / rent another card at B1000 per month if we wish to park the second car. Rather cheeky if you ask me.

We're currently parking the second car in the visitors area and will continue to do so as I object to being charged extra for a second spot in a condo that has 2 bedrooms.

Cars take up space so although I object I can understand some of the logic. However restricting personnel cards to 2 per household is simply ridiculous. The op should be kicking up a real fuss about this one...

Question though - how will visitors and delivery drivers enter the Moo Ban ? surely there must be some permanent security on guard ?

That will be a bright idea of your management committee. Have seen other places put round similar ideas and have residents go and tell them to basically get stuffed.

If your building is on prakard.com go and post something. You might find out that many other people are dissatisfied about it. Go along to the next meeting and get something done about it, if you can get a group together.

quite right, there is a need for person to person for visitors etc, the security will need to remain and it look like the exit will be exclusivly by security as there does not apear to be an exit card terminal!

Back in Oztralia we had a camera and release to enter guests but probably needs to be built with the development. Were issued two remotes per townhouse but could get more without being bankrupted.

So are you the owner of one of these 5 bedroom houses you alluded to or just a tenant having a whinge?

Back in Oztralia we had a camera and release to enter guests but probably needs to be built with the development. Were issued two remotes per townhouse but could get more without being bankrupted.

So are you the owner of one of these 5 bedroom houses you alluded to or just a tenant having a whinge?

guess you must label me as a winging owner of a less than 5 bedroomed property