Mass On Christmas

geovalin

I'm not a religious person, but I still enjoy all of the "bells and smells" of Christmas services from when I was young.

To this end, I go to church once a year at Assumption Cathedral. It is near the Oriental Hotel, and their midnight mass is completely in Thai (including the hymns). It's an interesting experience for anyone who knows the English form of the Roman Catholic service, as you can still figure out what is happening (understanding Thai helps too). It actually begins at midnight (on the 24th of Dec), and as to the "fun" part, there is a raffle afterwards! The most amusing thing for me is how everyone that goes seems to be more interested in the raffle! :):D:D There aren't many foreigners there, so it is strangely still a Thai experience as well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assumption_Cathedral,_Bangkok

I just saw that you said "not too late". There is an earlier English service, but I don't know what time. There is also a service on the 25th, again I don't know when.

Edited by Meridian007

I'm not a religious person, but I still enjoy all of the "bells and smells" of Christmas services from when I was young.

To this end, I go to church once a year at Assumption Cathedral. It is near the Oriental Hotel, and their midnight mass is completely in Thai (including the hymns). It's an interesting experience for anyone who knows the English form of the Roman Catholic service, as you can still figure out what is happening (understanding Thai helps too). It actually begins at midnight (on the 24th of Dec), and as to the "fun" part, there is a raffle afterwards! The most amusing thing for me is how everyone that goes seems to be more interested in the raffle! :):D:D There aren't many foreigners there, so it is strangely still a Thai experience as well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assumption_Cathedral,_Bangkok

I just saw that you said "not too late". There is an earlier English service, but I don't know what time. There is also a service on the 25th, again I don't know when.

Thank you, this is kind.

I also found the tel Phone: (02) 234-8556

I called Assumption

24 Dec from 6 PM to midnight, games for children

Midnight Mass

25 Dec 5 PM mass

Edited by geovalin