Thai League Matches

Nigbon

I saw the Thai Army/Muangthong U match - unreal - after the red card came out, the flood gates opened

thanks to srirachashark for the link to the updated fixture

i am trying to find people to watch these matches for my company, and it's been a nightmare trying to get an accurate schedule - every site seems to be different, and yeah - they change a lot (or so it seems!)

You're welcome. :)

It can be very frustrating following the local leagues but, if you persevere, it is also very enjoyable. I think that the latest change to the schedule will be the last so you can make your plans around it.

However, don't quote me on that! ;)

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Results from yesterday

TPL - TTM Phichit 2-1 Khon Kaen / Sri Racha 0-0 Chiang Rai Utd / Samut Songkrahm 1-1 BEC Tero / Army 1-1 Sisaket

Division 1 - Division 1 - FC Phuket 3-1 Rangsit / RBAC 0-4 Suphanburi / Bangkok Utd 2-1 Chainat / PTT Rayong 0-0 Buriram

and today a couple of big ones

6pm Buriram PEA v Chonburi (Siam Sport TV)

4pm Thai Port v Bangkok Glass (True Sport 2)

All the fixtures on www.thaileaguefootball.com

Bad day for the powerhouses -- Muang Thong were mullered 5-1 in Saraburi by Osotspa, last I heard Chonburi were 0-3 down in Buriram.

From the TV, Muang Thong looked very one-dimensional -- hoof it up the park and let the Africans run onto it. Osotspa now have their own Africans, two mediocre Brazilians, plus a little hornet of a Thai whose name I didn't see, who knocked over anything that came near him and got away with it.

Osotspa got lucky at 2-1 just before half-time when the ref denied Muang Thong a penalty which would have been given 90% of the time, but went on to score some excellent goals against a rather lacklustre Muang Thong.

As champions, this second thumping (they lost 0-3 a couple of weeks back) in the early season poses numerous questions for new coach Calisto.

Buriram PEA is the best-connected and almost the richest club in the league, with sponsors like PEA, i-mobile, Chang, Air Asia, Philips, King Power and World Gas, and political support from Newin Chidchob and Chavarat Charnvirakul.

I guess nothing here is free from politics...dry.gif

^biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Final scores & table

Thai Port 1-1 Bangkok Glass

Navy 1-1 Police United

Buriram PEA 3-0 Chonburi

TOT 0-2 Pattaya United

Osotspa Saraburi 5-1 Muang Thong United

# Team MP W D L F A D P Last 5 matches

1 Buriram PEA 4 3 1 0 8 2 +6 10 WWDW

2 Osotspa 4 2 2 0 10 3 +7 8 WDWD

3 Pattaya United 4 2 2 0 5 2 +3 8 WDDW

4 Army United 4 2 2 0 8 3 +5 8 DDWW

5 Police United 4 2 2 0 4 2 +2 8 DWDW

6 BEC Tero Sasana 4 2 1 1 6 4 +2 7 DWWL

7 Chonburi 4 2 1 1 10 5 +5 7 LWDW

8 Samut Songkhram 4 1 3 0 4 3 +1 6 DDWD

9 TTM Phichit 4 2 0 2 6 5 +1 6 WLLW

10 Chiangrai United 4 1 2 1 4 4 +0 5 DDWL

11 Muang Thong United 4 1 1 2 3 8 -5 4 LWLD

12 Sisaket 4 0 3 1 4 5 -1 3 DDLD

13 Sriracha 4 0 3 1 3 5 -2 3 DDLD

14 Bangkok Glass 4 0 3 1 3 4 -1 3 DDDL

15 Khonkaen 4 1 0 3 3 7 -4 3 LLLW

16 Siam Navy 4 0 2 2 3 7 -4 2 DLLD

17 Thai Port 4 0 2 2 2 6 -4 2 DLDL

18 TOT 4 0 0 4 0 11 -11 0 LLLL

I was at the Saraburi/Muangthong match -

yeah, I was surprised at how MU played - when I saw them play Thai Army, I thought they looked very good (at least during the first half of that game) - especially their speed -

but during the Saraburi match, they sucked - I felt like I was back in the states watching some high school team play

the saraburi stadium was PACKED - i couldn't find a place to sit, and they jammed people in there for standing room only -

i want to get info/need help with other stadiums/teams around the country - anybody who has been/goes to buriram/sisaket/chiang rai/phichit matches, feel free to send me a message - (you can earn some extra cash, too)

I'll get to see saraburi play again this saturday at leo stadium vs bangkok glass

some news on twitter, updates on the Thai League http://twitter.com/Thai_League

and some on this weekend from http://bk.asia-city.com/health/blog/thai-premier-league/army-take-lions-while-glass-look-break-poor-form-weekend

Five TPL matches will be played in the capital this weekend, and the pick of them is at the PAT Stadium in Khlong Toey as Thai Port host Army United in another Bangkok derby. The Army have been one of the surprise packages this season, but a 1-1 home draw with Sisaket last weekend suggests they’re quite not the finished article. The Port Lions, meanwhile, were held 1-1 at home by Bangkok Glass last week, and a fascinating match should be on the cards this Sunday (kick off: 4pm). Elsewhere in the capital itself, BEC Tero Sasana host Sriracha at the Thephasadin Stadium on Saturday (kick off: 6pm).

A little further afield, Bangkok Glass welcome Osotspa-Saraburi to Pathum Thani on Saturday (kick off: 6pm). Osotspa stunned everyone last weekend when they smashed five past Muangthong. As such they are possibly narrow favourites to win this one as BG are on an uninspired run of three draws. There’s a derby of sorts in Nonthaburi as ground-sharers Muangthong and TOT meet. The champions are the home side in this Saturday fixture (kick off: 6pm), and they should get their season back on track against a TOT side that has lost four out of four. And Police United will be hopeful of continuing their good form as Samut Songkhram provide the opposition at the Thammasat Stadium on Sunday (kick off: 6pm).

In other fixtures, Pattaya host leaders Buriram PEA in Chonburi. Chonburi themselves are at home to TTM Phichit. Out-of-form Siam Navy are away at Khon Kaen, and Sisaket make the long journey to Chiang Rai. The pick of the Division 1 games in the capital is at the Thupatemee Stadium in Pathum Thani as Air Force United host PTT Rayong on Saturday (kick off: 6pm). Bangkok United and Bangkok F.C are both playing away from home.

yeah, I was surprised at how MU played - when I saw them play Thai Army, I thought they looked very good (at least during the first half of that game) - especially their speed -

but during the Saraburi match, they sucked - I felt like I was back in the states watching some high school team play

the saraburi stadium was PACKED - i couldn't find a place to sit, and they jammed people in there for standing room only -

i want to get info/need help with other stadiums/teams around the country - anybody who has been/goes to buriram/sisaket/chiang rai/phichit matches, feel free to send me a message - (you can earn some extra cash, too)

I'll get to see saraburi play again this saturday at leo stadium vs bangkok glass

For the stadiums I have an outdated guide if thats of any help http://www.thaileaguefootball.com/index.php?lay=show&ac=article&Id=89870 and http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&t=h&msa=0&msid=216118588955902855235.000494ccb6b336cafebc8&ll=14.066984,100.600605&spn=0.015652,0.021372&z=14&source=embed

Should be a decent one at the Leo stadium this weekend.... say hi to Andy (BG Man) from me if you get a chance. I'm off to Chonburi on Sunday to see them play TTM.

Saturday 3rd April

Army Utd v Chiang Rai Utd 6:00pm

Sisaket v BEC Tero 6:00pm

SriRacha v Police Utd 6:00pm

Samut Songkram v Khon Kaen 6:00pm

Muang Thong Utd v PEA 6:00pm

Sunday 3rd April

Navy v CHONBURI 6:00pm

Osotspa v Thai Port 6:00pm

TTM v Pattaya Utd 6:00pm

TOT v Bangkok Glass 6:00pm

League table

http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/chonburifc/league_table.pl

For the stadiums I have an outdated guide if thats of any help http://www.thaileagu...rticle&Id=89870 and http://maps.google.c...14&source=embed

Should be a decent one at the Leo stadium this weekend.... say hi to Andy (BG Man) from me if you get a chance. I'm off to Chonburi on Sunday to see them play TTM.

Thanks for the google map link - yeah, that helps out a lot! -

saw the thai army/chiang rai game on Saturday- not bad, but the TOT Bangkok Glass game on Sunday was a lot more exciting - Glass really outplayed TOT the whole game, but TOT managed to eke out more goals (with one breakaway goal that was pretty cool)

TPL Fixtures on Wednesday 6th April

Thai Port v TOT 4:00pm

Khon Kaen v SriRacha 4:00pm

Osotspa v Army Utd 6:00pm

Bangkok Glass v PEA 6:00pm

Muang Thong Utd v TTM 6:00pm

Pattaya Utd v Navy 6:00pm

BEC Tero v Chiang Rai Utd 6:00pm

CHONBURI v Samut Songkhram 7:00pm

Police Utd v Sisaket 7:00pm

League table

http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/chonburifc/league_table.pl

There is apparently a police investigation going on into the Buriram 0-0 draw with Meuang Thong game. It looked like something to do with a penalty not awarded to MT.

I saw it briefly on Thai TV, will keep an eye out for any more news about it.

Surely neither King Power (main Buriram sponsor) nor Newin Chidchob (Buriram president) would be party to bribing refs..... ;laugh.gif

I went to Yamaha stadium tonight and saw the AFC Cup match with Muangthong U and Victory SC -

MU really dominated the entire match, but only managed to eke out ONE goal - in the last few minutes, no less -

they also missed a penalty kick!

nevertheless, it was a lot of fun!

off to see Thai Port and Bangkok Glass this weekend!

Weekend TPL fixtures

Saturday 16th April

TOT v Army Utd

Osotspa v PEA

Pattaya Utd v SriRacha

(all 6:00pm)

Sunday 17th April

Khon Kaen v Chiang Rai Utd

(4:00pm)

CHONBURI v Sisaket

Bangkok Glass v Navy

Muang Thong Utd v Samut Songkhram