Marrying A Thai Girl That Is 19 Yers Old

acerhodes

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

- Most Thais (like many western people) are still immature at 19, and far too young for the responsibilities of marriage let alone have the wisdom of how to make a marriage successful.

- As already mentioned several times there is no 94,000Baht fee or any fee because she is 19.

- Beware the negative comments that will flood in on this board about being scammed by her parents are realatives; be aware that in Thailand there is a dowry process (called sin-sod), it's part of Thai culture for centuries and it's not going to change because some westerners don't like it.

- Also be aware that many families see EVERY farang as rich. You can explain forever that your not rich (if that's the case) but you can be guaranteed that they will not believe you. If asked "Why do you believe all westerners are wealthy?", many will eventually say "Because the government of your country is rich and they give a lot of money to everybody".

- Sharing is part of Thai social behavior and more especially if it's an upcountry family. They expect a share of the 'wealth' their daughter will get by marrying you.

No there is not necessarily that. I just said they get nothing. If they wanted money, she could marry somebody else.

I don't marry the family as well as the woman. I didn't have party in the village either. That, they can pay for themselves, I'm not coming. They said it was OK.

Edited by bellste

- Most Thais (like many western people) are still immature at 19, and far too young for the responsibilities of marriage let alone have the wisdom of how to make a marriage successful.

- As already mentioned several times there is no 94,000Baht fee or any fee because she is 19.

- Beware the negative comments that will flood in on this board about being scammed by her parents are realatives; be aware that in Thailand there is a dowry process (called sin-sod), it's part of Thai culture for centuries and it's not going to change because some westerners don't like it.

- Also be aware that many families see EVERY farang as rich. You can explain forever that your not rich (if that's the case) but you can be guaranteed that they will not believe you. If asked "Why do you believe all westerners are wealthy?", many will eventually say "Because the government of your country is rich and they give a lot of money to everybody".

- Sharing is part of Thai social behavior and more especially if it's an upcountry family. They expect a share of the 'wealth' their daughter will get by marrying you.

Agreed.

Its also taken for granted you are wealthy true or not and whether you like it or not.

This assumption effectively gags your protests when it comes to Dowrys,monthly cash to the GF,cash handouts for hard luck family stories,freebie meals and achohol for all the village.

And all neatly packaged under the General title of : Thai Culture/Tradition. The rules of engagment are very heavily biased once its established you are the Cashier,then its simply a matter of how much the recipents can extract from your wallet.

98,000 Bahts for an under 20 girl is a new one though.A clever bit of originality.

She was a new born baby when he was 41, sick thought.

94,000 he is not getting ripped off, getting off lightly considering he's an old timer and shes near on jail bate...

Well ripped off or not this 94,000 baht is still bugging me,must have some significants.Hope someone has the answer.

Agreed.

Its also taken for granted you are wealthy true or not and whether you like it or not.

This assumption effectively gags your protests when it comes to Dowrys,monthly cash to the GF,cash handouts for hard luck family stories,freebie meals and achohol for all the village.plus parties.

And all neatly packaged under the General title of : Thai Culture/Tradition. The rules of engagement are very heavily biased against you once its established you are the Cashier,then its simply a matter of how much the recipients can extract from your wallet.

94,000 Bahts for an under 20 girl is a new one though.A clever bit of originality.

Been there done that :D and although i would never say anything bad about her,the chances of the marriage lasting are not that great ,ours lasted 2 years ,wouldnt change a thing ,it was worth it if only for the sex ,but anything else forget it, i ended up doing the cleaning and looking after her !! oh those long gone happy days :)

One thing I like about a scam like this is the choice of 'Bt94,000' as the price of registration of marriage for a 19 year old.

I mean any old fool can make up a number like Bt100,000 as a payment but Bt94,000 is the sort of detailed number that speaks of 'true knowledge' and is therefore 'believable'.

When I was contemplating marrying my wife I was told that there would be a village party for which about 100,000 baht should be allowed for. It was also hinted that a donation to the family fund would be welcomed. But I played it the Bill Clinton way ... just carry on as if nothing was happening and ignore everything I was being fed.

In the final analysis there was no party and apart from dropping a few thousand baht each time we visit Isaan, there has been no more obligation - and no reprisals. The family warmly welcomed me and in the words of my wife's brother, they are just happy that she is being taken care of.

We are not rich but we are happy - 5 years down the road.

So my message to anyone beset by big numbers for parties, dowries etc. is just to ride it out if you don't wish to oblige. At the end of the day they want happiness for their child, or should do. If this is clearly not the case then I would recommend a rethink because sooner or later it will become an issue. And a Thai girl's loyalty is always to her family first.

By the way, I am 64 and my wife is 43.

P&M

Hey all, the OP is 60 yrs old. Check his profile.

This must be his first trip to LOS and maybe his first (you know what).

We know this will never work...

60 years...marrying (or wants to marry) 19 year old...

Troll?

trollish or not it does happen regularly here. just make sure girl understands how to administer your daily medication. and get them insurance policies in order sir.

Hey all, the OP is 60 yrs old. Check his profile.

This must be his first trip to LOS and maybe his first (you know what).

We know this will never work...

60 years...marrying (or wants to marry) 19 year old...

Troll?

YEP..spot on EEK..you got my vote...

a big one...with pink frizzy hair and all

either that or he really is a DOB..even by my standards :)