Whats Your Favorite Radio Station In Pattaya?

daveb1

BBC news is 5 minutes long on 88.5 not 15!

Maybe during the daytime its 5mins, but definitely at 7pm or 8pm its longer. I waited 5mins, then 10 mins, but when it reached 15mins I had to switch music on before customers fell asleep...& the volume imbalance was a real nuisance.

Maybe during the daytime its 5mins, but definitely at 7pm or 8pm its longer. I waited 5mins, then 10 mins, but when it reached 15mins I had to switch music on before customers fell asleep...& the volume imbalance was a real nuisance.

yep i think at 7 or 8 only there is an extended news your right

I usually listen to 96 in the morning in my car.

they have been talking about somebody winning a prize night out on their yacht for new years eve..

You have to phone in with the answer to a question......

I heard the question last week ..'First one to phone in with the postal address of the royal varuna yacht club'....

Now I wonder WHO would have that address to hand........?

Talk about a suck up....

May I ask what Radio Station you change to, because at 7:00pm in the evening, the other three station do an hour of THAI NEWS, as required by ther broadcasting licence.

If I am going to listen to an hour of news, let it be in a language I understand 100%. But usually, I hit the CD button if in the car.

May I ask what Radio Station you change to, because at 7:00pm in the evening, the other three station do an hour of THAI NEWS, as required by ther broadcasting licence.

If I am going to listen to an hour of news, let it be in a language I understand 100%. But usually, I hit the CD button if in the car.

Thats a problem if you are in the car, but I understand the broadcasting licence is directed at RADIO broadcasting...no such directive applies to internet streaming, so you will find that if you stream the same stations theres no hour of Thai news...I guess thats a loophole that hopefully will stay open.

All pretty much alike in Pattaya. I have <snip> for downloading which is excellent,but a toolbar comes with it called <snip>,get live radio from anywhere in the world,TV as well,but computers a bit slow at the mo,so TV starts buffering.But the <snip> thing has got loads more goodies on it.

Edited by raro
deleted some references to potential violatoins of the copyright law

ALL of the radio stations in pattaya SUCK!!!!! I didn't like the music they play when it was new and now that it is 40 - 50 years old it is even worse....

We need a MODERN rock/ music station in Pattaya.

Try setting one up then mate and see how many people tune in! Bet you wont make a fortune!!!! :)

It's a shame that Pattaya as tourist destination not even have a radiostation for young peaple. No Hip Hop, No Dance and not even new country or modern country rock music. Look like we have to listen every day The old crab from the sxties and seventies.

You mean: "...Look like we have to listen every day The old craP from the sxties and seventies"... young fella! (But, hey! Us old-timers think a lot of that crap was great! Even the 80's & 90's!)

I'm old too, but i go with the time.

Thats a good point musical taste is not always governed by age, lets face it there were plenty of crap songs in every decade from the 50's to today, its just a shame that 96 seem to play ALL of them! Thata why I like Mix 88.5 always a good mix of quality music much more like a good UK radio station.

I agree

Nothing against old music, but have to understand, since i stay in Pattaya (15 years now), i hear 16'467 times "Hotel California", "Cotton Field", or "Bad mon rising". It look like we standing still in time. I know not everyone like Hip Hop like me, but everytime when i stay in Hawaii i listen many times nice new countrysongs or Country Rock Songs, really nice music, but can never listen on a local radio overhere. Look like noone want spend money or time for new music, as D.J. today can easy songs downloaded on the net. When i was young we had to buy all the music on Vinyl (no internet downloads). In my office i listen mostly internet radio, some station from Hawaii or Miami Hot 105, what ever, but in the car i have to use CDs or Memory sticks. During driving in US i never had to buy any CD. It was all on Radio, Country stations Hip Hop & RB Stations, Classic stations, Latino Stations or what ever, everything is on air!

• 5 months later...

How about reception? I cannot get a good signal for any station here on a regular basis - always interference - is it my car stereo or do others have this problem

yea sure at home I stream, now i use snowtape (legal) and can download from any of 100's of stations (pay service) then I record to disk and take it in the car, seems to be only way to be able to hear music while driving

Thank you for a great topic. It has obviously stirred up some passionate interest.

For me, I love 88.5, and I enjoy the music line up. Obviously there are some music genres that I do not particularly like, but on the whole it is quite good.

My big compaint is the signal strength. It fades out just past me in BanAmpur, so if I venture out to Sattahip, I get nothing. I am driving a pick-up only less than 1 year old, so I would assume my stereo would be ok. Any suggestions to boost this would be appreciated, however any major work would be out, as I am renting because the banks here do not like me, even with an excellant credit rating I hold in Australia (do not get me started as I need to stay on topic).

Thank you for some of the posters that have contributed with some other options. Sorry Dave but I will have to give them a go, as some reception is better than none. Can you boost your signal?

98.5 MHz Bee FM

97.0 MHz Police Station or Tourist Station (both strange names as they play Thai Pop)

90.25 MHz City Radio Pattaya

Worst thing of the radios here is the low power output, so the reception is not very stable in various parts of the city.

• 3 months later...

I think all of the Pattaya radio stations are crap. Even though I am in my 60's I hate listening to old fart music 20 - 30 - 40 years old. I want something 10 years old or less. Yes, I like to go to Candy Shop and Insomnia and listen to that music...