Immigration Office Pattaya Questions

zoddydc

I was there as well for my 3-monthly "yes I'm still living at the same address I've been living at for years" form. Was told by the Immigration guy that it was busy because it was both the 1st of the month and Monday at the same time. Yes I know, but that was what he said. :)

Mt 60 days are up on Saturday. I renewed this morning rather than wait till Friday. I was there very early about 8.10am. Very hot outside but once inside a/c very comfortable. I was one of the 1st. To my horror after sitting at the desk the officer told me to go out to get a passport photocopy(silly salty should have remembered from last year). I was worried I might have to get another ticket and start again, but when I returned a few minutes later we completed the process once he was free.

The remainder seemed very slow to begin with. The guy handing out the passports was reading the paper for 10 minutes or so but he did not seem to be getting the passports passed on to him. Once the paper began to flow it was ok. Quite a queue behind me outside as they started letting people in but when I looked again about 15 minutes later didn't seem to be that many coming in. :)

Edited by salty

As for copies, they sometimes ask for a copy of something that you never had to provide before and most likely never have to provide again… Not sure why, my guess would be that the immigration officer might need a restroom break and therefore asks for a copy of something that hasn't been supplied. Last time around, for a tourist visa extension, I had copies of my passport main page as well as the TM card and last entry stamp, should be more then enough, however I was asked to get provide a copy of my expired visa as well. No sense in arguing, just walked out, got the copy done for 5B and returned to the desk, a few minutes later the immigration officer got back to his position and was quite happy with the additional copy that was provided.

I was in there this morning for 90 reporting, the place was packed but the report desk only had 4 numbers in front of me and two of those did not show so it took me maybe 5 minutes.

The 90day reporting desk is still in the same place but has changed from desk 5 to desk number 3

The number machine is now behind the reception desk and one of the officers will give you the number rather than taking your own.

I was in there this morning for 90 reporting, the place was packed but the report desk only had 4 numbers in front of me and two of those did not show so it took me maybe 5 minutes.

The 90day reporting desk is still in the same place but has changed from desk 5 to desk number 3

The number machine is now behind the reception desk and one of the officers will give you the number rather than taking your own.

I was doing the same yesterday, and they were only giving out the tickets after you had shown them the properly completed paperwork.

I was doing the same yesterday, and they were only giving out the tickets after you had shown them the properly completed paperwork.

Now thats sensible !!

http://www.chonburiimmigration.com/home.php

8-30am -4-30pm

open saturday mornings but for advise only, no processing

open as usual over xmas

closed for at new year

That web site is as handy a wheel on a walking stick. Unless I cant find the English Icon to click onto, why would any body in their right mind put an immigration web site up in Thai in a city like Pattaya where 100% of the people using it, understand or read english? :):D

"Second question would be the requirements for renewing my retirement visa at Jomtien"

NO medical or police report required.

As of four weeks ago, these were the basics from the local Expat Club website - which concurs also with my personal yearly renewal:

The following documents are usually the only ones required. However, it is within the Immigration Official's discretion to ask for additional items:

1. You will need the basic Immigration documents for an extension application.

2. Original Letter from your Thai Bank certifying your account and showing your balance (the letter should be dated within the last 7 days - most Expats obtain the day before applying).

3. Photocopy of your bank passbook Identity page showing name and account number and page(s) showing the last 3 months activity (it is recommended that you update your passbook on the same day you get your bank letter so that both balances will agree)

4. IF you are using monthly income in total or in part to meet the financial requirements, an original "Embassy Letter" attesting to your monthly income. The letter should not be more than one-year old.

In addition to meeting the standard income and/or financial resources requirement:

You must have a Thai bank account even if you are using only monthly income certified by your Embassy. An article in Pattaya Today English language newspaper in May 2009 suggests the bank account show at least 1,000 Baht on deposit. However, an expat that recently renewed (June 2009) using only income to qualify reported that the Pattaya Immigration Official told him the next time he renewed he should still have at least 10,000 Baht in the bank.

Thanks,it's this yearly thing that's getting close that I'm getting ready for,thanks for the info.Do not want the overstay charge levied on that too.

One thing that seems to make a cock up of everything is the multi entry visa,you step out of the country for a while ,come back ,passport stamped at immigration,then it takes you out of the 90 day visa and into the 30 day one.Had to get Barry to sort it all out for me at 90 day signing on,suppose best to ask them at immigration not to stamp passport in first place.