Two Elderly Farangs In A Nasty Motor Bike Accident

Livinginexile

The wife and I was driving back to Bangkok from Chang Mai last monday and on the way, about 100km outside of Chang Mai we passed 2 elderly farangs on a small motor bike heading south.

Their bike was over loaded with back packs and as we passed them I couldn't help but thinking how dangerous it was for them.

We stoped for something to eat and then about another 20km down the highway there was the couple lying in the middle of the road.

The road was quite busy and no one stopped! we pulled over and ran to the couple, I really expected to see the worst.

The old man was starting to move about but his partner was in a bad way and bleeding badly from several wounds. They were waring bycycle helmets!

My wife could not contact the emergancy number! just a recorded message saying we was out of the area or something like that!

Finally a truck pulled over and the driver and his wife helped us. Luckly he was a local and called the cops, they arrived after about 10 minutes and a rescue pickup arrived after another 10 minutes.

It was a bad scene...the old man was sort of ok, just a lot of skin missing and a nasty cut to his head but his partner had head injuries and was really knocked around. This couple was easily in their 70's riding an old bike on the main highway.

The ambulance was nothing more than an old pickup, they just put her on a sort of stretcher and slid her in the back!

The reason I am writing this post is that I would like to know how they faired. Perhaps one of you Chang Mai residents know of them as they were heading south out of Chang Mai.

They are American, his name is John, his partner's name is Pat.

Anyone know them?

Edited by Livinginexile