Closing Threads

BIG SPUDS

I asked a simple question why was "refused again" closed.

This was not really answered and no one owned up to closing it.

However this thread "why was refused again closed" was also closed.

WHY?

It seems that the reason given was that it was off topic. So does that mean when ever someone posts a post that may be going off topic the thread has to be closed?

Do we have to stick to the same path and be careful not to step off it?

I thought what was happening is called a conversation and conversations change or else they get boring.

Now i having nothing against the mods none of them.

But please mods CHILL OUT. It seems you are closing down everything, just when the discusions are getting good. As long as no rules are broken why close the thread? Even if they are, delete the post. But please chill out on the closing of threads its getting a bit much.

When i joined this forum there was loads of good threads and posters. Threads and posters that made it interesting to visit TV. Now most have them have gone. And we have a lot of posters that just write dribble probably to get their member status up.

Unless rules are broken or threads requested to be closed by the original poster. Can they be left open please.

I am sure i am not the only one that feels like this. :o

Why, oh why do you bother?

Forum Rules state clearly:

Discussion of moderation issues, actions or moderation policies concerning individual cases are not allowed in the forums. Such comments should be directed to a moderator or administrator, and not discussed on the forum.

Why don’t you PM the mods? They are reasonable people. They will reply and give you all the answers you need.

But displaying your grievances this way will only result in this thread getting closed.

And you getting more pissed off.

I asked a simple question why was "refused again" closed.

This was not really answered and no one owned up to closing it.

However this thread "why was refused again closed" was also closed.

WHY?

It seems that the reason given was that it was off topic. So does that mean when ever someone posts a post that may be going off topic the thread has to be closed?

Do we have to stick to the same path and be careful not to step off it?

I thought what was happening is called a conversation and conversations change or else they get boring.

Now i having nothing against the mods none of them.

But please mods CHILL OUT. It seems you are closing down everything, just when the discusions are getting good. As long as no rules are broken why close the thread? Even if they are, delete the post. But please chill out on the closing of threads its getting a bit much.

When i joined this forum there was loads of good threads and posters. Threads and posters that made it interesting to visit TV. Now most have them have gone. And we have a lot of posters that just write dribble probably to get their member status up.

Unless rules are broken or threads requested to be closed by the original poster. Can they be left open please.

I am sure i am not the only one that feels like this. :o

Spuds, no offense but well, you can always make your own forum, invest thousands and thousands of hours (just setting it up;) and huge bandwidth IF you catch on, then try to get advertisers to pay for at least some of it, of course try to become a place if not THE place we all come to and... would it be different, better, well populated? Meantime, I'm happy right here. :D Bottom line, try pm'ing a mod first perhaps?

Edited by bahtandsold

Discussion of moderation issues, actions or moderation policies concerning individual cases are not allowed in the forums. Such comments should be directed to a moderator or administrator, and not discussed on the forum.

Why don’t you PM the mods? They are reasonable people. They will reply and give you all the answers you need.

But displaying your grievances this way will only result in this thread getting closed.

How would I go about addressing a moderator?? How would I go about addressing those who oversee and are ABOVE the moderators?? I would like to address this topic, because I feel my input would be of great value to this board. I have a great concern about closing threads recently.

How would I go about addressing a moderator?? How would I go about addressing those who oversee and are ABOVE the moderators?? I would like to address this topic, because I feel my input would be of great value to this board. I have a great concern about closing threads recently.

• Click on this link: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?

• Find a forum

• Underneath the forum’s name will be written something like:

• Forum Led by: george, dr_pat_pong, Boo, tukyleith, bronco

• Click on one of the names and send them a personal message.