It Is Difficult To Hire Chinese Speaking Stuff Bangkok?

Hello folks!

I am from Europe and have a company in China. Since I would like to setup an office in Thailand,

I need to know how difficult it is to hire Chinese speaking people in Bangkok?

They should possess a native-level standard of written and oral Chinese.

I know that the Thai-Chinese community counts about 14% of the population. Do they still talk Chinese?

Thanks if you can help!

greetings malaica

you must be kidding.... only 14% speaking chinese....? lol

also speaking chinese myself, i would venture to guess that the chinese speaking population in thailand exceeds 30%....

some thirty years ago, the figure would be around 70%....

currently, most elderly and middle aged thais who still could spreak and understand some chinese, PuTungWha, Cantanese, TaeChiew, Hukka, HockKian.... among a few others, genuinely regret that their own children do not read, speak nor write sufficient chinese to survive.... if and when china does take over southeast asia.... lol

at present, from my experience, there are educated thais who could speak, read and write thai, chinese and english as well.... they comprise of about only 10% of the population and they are in great demand....

last month, during a funeral in bkk, ran into a thai lady in her 25.... she reads, speaks and writes thai, english and chinese.... a graduate of a state university in chicago.... she is commuting weeking between bkk and shienghai--working in shienghai and visiting her just deceased mom in bkk....

the parent chinese company is paying her around 15,000 usd a month plus monthly traveling allowance and monthly profit sharing of 10%....

if you have trouble looking for qualified individuals, email or pm me anytime.... with your specs

will be glad to help as best as i can.... but these candidates will probably laugh at 60,000 baht a month salary though....