What's This?

kimamey

post-69168-1261955565_thumb.jpg Does anybody have any idea what this is. Not the girl I'm quite familiar with them and this one in particular as she's my girlfriend. I saw this in Bangkok I think near Wat Pho with the Reclining Buddha. What attracted my attention was the round vent cowl on the top as I recognised this from large industrial buildings in the UK. I should have taken more pictures of it from different angles but as I didn't I'll describe it a bit more. The clock is on the rear (is this some Buddhist thing as I know time is important) and under that cover is a pedal cycle with a large carrying area in front. I do hope it's not something to do with a Thai who has a very disturbing PVC fetish but I have no idea and neither has my gf. According to the time stamp on the camera the clock is about 10 minutes slow.

Quite obvious. It is a representation of the anticipated Thailand. Red coloured, behind the times as indicated by the slowclock and backward looking as is indicated by the mirrors facing the wrong way. It also has the air extractor to take away the stench as little changes. Note the fruit bowl is empty to indicate the depleted economy.

Ps You have excellent taste in girlfriends.

Edited by harrry

It is the basis of a chinese new year dragon.......the vent is to help any excess smoke escape during the performance..........the dragon heads are very heavy and require movable support....

Food cart of sorts

sorry, serious answers only please.

It is the basis of a chinese new year dragon.......the vent is to help any excess smoke escape during the performance..........the dragon heads are very heavy and require movable support....

Food cart of sorts

Well yes the baskets in the front of the machine may well carry sustinance for the performers, also used to store their personal items during the performance..... :)

Food cart of sorts

Well yes the baskets in the front of the machine may well carry sustinance for the performers, also used to store their personal items during the performance..... :)

Ok seriously now, it's one of those priceless pieces of Chinese furniture you can find gracing the interiors of a great many 30 million baht homes in Bangkok.

or it's one of our lost firetrucks?

Well yes the baskets in the front of the machine may well carry sustinance for the performers, also used to store their personal items during the performance..... :D

Ok seriously now, it's one of those priceless pieces of Chinese furniture you can find gracing the interiors of a great many 30 million baht homes in Bangkok.

or it's one of our lost firetrucks?

Obviously bought to go with the 3 flying ducks on the wall..... :D ........maybe one dropped off and broke....... :D ........so it all had to go.. :) .......if you look closely I think you can catch a glimpse of the two remaining ducks in the basket...... :D

Why didn't you just ask your girlfriend what it was? She speak Thai?

Yes she does speak Thai and Isaan and I assume fairly well although I wouldn't know for sure. She's pretty good in English though which is just as well or our conversations would be very short.

Actually I did say that she had no idea what it was either.

I did check the box for email notification so I'd know if anyone replied but there wasn't any this morning (UK time) but I thought I'd look anyway. What a surprise, so many more replies than when I ask a serious question about things like visas. I think I'm beginning to grasp the level of seriuosness and intellect here now and I'm starting to feel really at home.

This reply stands out because it seems like it may be true or maybe it just seems that way compared to all the other replies.

Go on spoil it all by telling me you were only joking.