Income In Thailand For The Over 50's

OK working for pleasure (I personally would rather be sailing, cycling, gardening, photographing or whatever interest I have at the time) is quite a different question from 'Income in Thailand for the over 50s' I still maintain. that the best way to ensure you have money in your old age is to save it when your young (and during your peak earning years) and manage it effectively.

When you have a nice bit of saving behind you then you can concentrate on doing what you enjoy, and if your lucky find something that you enjoy that also makes money, but its enjoyment is the motivator not the income. Your far more likely to find something that you enjoy doing in your old age if you can ignore the 'income' aspect of it and focus primarily on your own selfish enjoyment (and I mean that in a good way).

With savings and assets come freedoms, freedom to travel, freedom to choose what you do with your time, freedom to tell your boss to get fuc_ked, freedom to do whatever. I can think of nothing less enjoyable than a lack of freedom, and that goes double for as you age. Being told what to do, by a boss or a customer or anyone else who your beholden to would do my head in.. So for me this ignoring the savings part of it and looking to ensure some enjoyable steady income stream is one paycheck or biz problem away from disaster.

Edited by LivinLOS

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic