Bangkok To Samui Business Class - Thai Airways Or Bangkok Airways?

themikeymeister

I would fly with Bangkok airways they have a nice lounge at Bkk and a private lounge at Samui usually to yourself with tv, i normally get the remote to myself and change the channel, then a nice lady will come and get you first and take to to the aircraft on a little golf buggie. I have never seen a lounge for Thai airways, onboard the flight you get plenty of legroom and assistance, food is not bad but good for a 45 minute flight. And yes make sure you choose the 45 minute flight because you dont get bussiness class on propeller plane that takes 1hr 30 mins.

Hi there priosstp. Thanks for the spot on reply. Very useful.

See that you are from Spain. Due to fly out there in less than 48 hours from Manchester Airport - weather permitting!!! Due to see the parents in Murcia.

Anyway - thanks for the info.

Cheers

:)

Edited by themikeymeister

Due to the economy seats being full I flew business class from Samui to Bangkok last night.

The lounge at Samui was OK but serving the same food as economy, they had run out of beer and the internet connection was so slow I used the one outside.

Seats were a good size and very comfortable however the food was cold and reminded me of a poor hotel buffet breakfast.

Always good to be first off the plane.

Worth it if you need the legroom but don't expect much else.

Hi People

Thanks for the replies.

Think I will go with Bkk Airways then. Checked the pricing yesterday, and the cheapest I could get to Samui for on Bangkok Airways using the early flight option was just under 6000 baht including all taxes and charges.

The BC option was 10,000 baht dead on

http://booking.bangkokair.com/Pages/WebPas...FareReview.aspx

and

http://booking.bangkokair.com/Pages/WebPas...FareReview.aspx

Cheers

6000 baht one way or return? if return not too bad except for the flight times

Due to the economy seats being full I flew business class from Samui to Bangkok last night.

The lounge at Samui was OK but serving the same food as economy, they had run out of beer and the internet connection was so slow I used the one outside.

Seats were a good size and very comfortable however the food was cold and reminded me of a poor hotel buffet breakfast.

So what you are really saying it is an overpriced cra#p service with slightly bigger seats to accomodate a 45 minute flight :)

So what you are really saying it is an overpriced cra#p service with slightly bigger seats to accomodate a 45 minute flight :D

Yes. In fact the food in economy on my flight to Phnom Penh with them this morning was far better. A complete waste of money unless you are 150kg+ :)

So what you are really saying it is an overpriced cra#p service with slightly bigger seats to accomodate a 45 minute flight :D

Yes. In fact the food in economy on my flight to Phnom Penh with them this morning was far better. A complete waste of money unless you are 150kg+ :)

Well another "special" BKK Airways business class price has be gushing with enthusiasm. I do admit to a certain admiration i have towards them for the shameless way they overcharge the Samui flights. :D

I was a Samui commuter last Fall and used Bangkok Air exclusively up to 5 times/week since TG's twice-daily flights didn't fit my timing. Not overly impressed with Bangkok Air "Asia's boutique airline" and certainly not impressed by their Business class offerings. If 'boutique' means paying extra to be first to get your orange juice served in a paper cup with a cold 'chicken burger' then they have it just right! Bangkok Airways lounge in Suvarnabhumi was always crowded (must be their frequent fliers since they don't have a lot of Biz class seats on their fleet) versus loads of space in TG's lounge. Of course TG doesn't have a lounge at Samui which is a bit of a bugger as Bangkok Air decided that the only places that need airconditioning at Samui airport are the rather sumptuous toilets and their exclusive small Business lounge at the 'gate'. I will give a nod to the Bangkok Air check-in lady at Suvarnabhumi who gave me, the wife and infant son lounge access on an economy ticket (my son is real cute I guess) but thumbs down to the Bangkok Air gate lady who turfed us out of their 'lounge' in Samui because we were only flying cattle class (it was an empty air-conditioned room after we left).

I can see the code-share arrivals being charmed with the waving palm trees and the funky passenger buses with the drivers in Hawaiian shirts on arrival. So refreshing after a long-arsed flight via the mid-east and the shuffle through BKK. However, for the return trip, getting all hot and sticky during that inexplicably long trek between check-in and what passes for a gate at Samui, soaked with sweat and facing the same shuffle through BKK before the long flight back home can't be a nice feeling at all.

To the OP. Don't waste money on Bangkok Air business class for such a short flight. But if you are continuing your return travel via BKK (long onward international flight), I would consider it only so you have a more comfortable ground experience at the Samui departure bit.

Edited by NanLaew