Thai Ladies (lack Of) Logic

Bosse137

Squid is not fish.

I guess you should know looking at your scary avatar... :D

Anyway, fish versus squid she knew what i meant but she was f_cking with me as she was p1ssed off..so not really funny logic but more smart than crazy logic..

However, my LG washing machine has a big sticker on top of it clearly proudly shouting FUZZY LOGIC.. :D how, i laugh everytime i see this Thai washing machine..

Yeah what the heck is that: "Fuzzy Logic"???? :) First time I arrived and bought a washing machine in first few weeks I saw this and asked around, still nobody seems too sure from Farang Land what it means really. But now I've been here a few years, yeah well suited term to Thailand; FUZZY LOGIC-TRUE TRUE TRUE! :D

Fuzzy Logic is a way of determining outcomes which are not based on a simple yes/no right/wrong/ numerical imperatives.  It is the main method for developing artificial intelligence among some other fields.

However, it is rather humorous, I think, and I have had a chuckle at the LG machines myself.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mr. Sanook, fair enough, looks like she got you there :)

matan

well.... squids do live and work and play all day and all night in water, don't they?

my teachers said that only fishes can live in water.... LOL

and you are saying your special brand of squid--does not live in water....!

therefore, your squid is not fish.... LOL

well, i am going to ask my long hair lovely biochem teacher after new year.... what exactly is the classification of thai squid vs farang squid .... LOL

Are you joking or have you genuinely never heard of a whale? What education system produced you?

As others have said, it's not a Thai thing. For example, my American girlfriend. We had made plans with some friends, but my girlfriend wasn't feeling well that night. I said that I'd stay home with her. She told me, "No, go out. It'd be impolite to break our commitment with our friends at the last minute. Also, I'll be sleeping all night anyways."

So I went out and when I came back, my girlfriend was angry. When I asked what was the matter, she said, "When I told you it was OK to go out, you should have insisted on staying home with me!" :)

Unbelievable! I'm stunned at how spot on this whole blog is, but especially this one. I've read every response here and been thinking along Thai lines but I remember many years ago now you mention in Farang Land-it is the DEAD SET same! This is not just a blog for Farangs to question their Thai girlfriends' logic, it is a common phenomenon between men and women in general. Men think logically but if you are to be successful in relationships you must learn to read between the lines with her in ANY country.

Did you put HER FIRST in everything??? She was waiting for you to see if you put someone else or some other activity before her! Ahhh you criminal Millard, you committed the cardinal sin of putting somebody else before her. Don't worry mate as time goes by you get better at playing their game. Try to think about her way of thinking before doing anything, just put her first and your relationship will be top draw. But hey yeah, gosh I know what you are saying - why the heck don't you JUST say what you really mean to say instead of playing games??!! :D

Thai logic? Must be the biggest oxymoron ever!biggrin.gif

..had a queen sized bed..but the (thai) wife loves to snuggle, with a long pillow between us, so I end up on the edge of the bed, hovering on the brink ( of insanity )..almost falling on the floor..meanwhile there is about 3 feet of empty bed space to her left..that I occasionally gazed at wistfully..

..so I get a King sized bed..and now she uses TWO long pillows..snuggles close, and although there is a little more room, I'm STILL almost at the edge of the bed, and there is about 4 feet of empty space to the left of her..that I occasionaly gaze at longingly..

signed: edgy

I feel your pain :D

I sleep at the edge of the bed too. At the beginning I thought she liked my place better, so I gave her my place and moved to hers. Still sleeping on the edge :)

..had a queen sized bed..but the (thai) wife loves to snuggle, with a long pillow between us, so I end up on the edge of the bed, hovering on the brink ( of insanity )..almost falling on the floor..meanwhile there is about 3 feet of empty bed space to her left..that I occasionally gazed at wistfully..

..so I get a King sized bed..and now she uses TWO long pillows..snuggles close, and although there is a little more room, I'm STILL almost at the edge of the bed, and there is about 4 feet of empty space to the left of her..that I occasionaly gaze at longingly..

signed: edgy

I feel your pain :D

I sleep at the edge of the bed too. At the beginning I thought she liked my place better, so I gave her my place and moved to hers. Still sleeping on the edge :)

Brothers, we should have a support group. :D

On the subject of Thai women,although a bit beside the logic discussion: Is it only here in Isaan,that it is the women who make most of the decissions concerning familyaffairs in general and economic affairs in particular? For instance,two young people want to get married.The women in the two families "sit and talk together" and work out a deal concerning how much has to be paid and all the other details.Then they might,or might not,go home and tell their husbands and ask:"What do you think?" in a tone that says,that it is already decieded....Or if a family wants to borrow money,who comes to you about that:the woman.Or some land is going to be sold or bought;same thing. I say this in appreciation of the women,who in many ways are the backboones in the society,at least here in Isaan.Logic or no logic......

matan

well.... squids do live and work and play all day and all night in water, don't they?

my teachers said that only fishes can live in water.... LOL

and you are saying your special brand of squid--does not live in water....

well, i am going to ask my long hair lovely biochem teacher after new year.... what exactly is the classification of thai squid vs farang squid .... LOL

Are you joking or have you genuinely never heard of a whale? What education system produced you?

-------

what education system produced me?.... ha ha ha

american u, michigan u, indiana u and harvard.... not necessarily in that order.... lol

and what about you, mata?.... lol

LIGHTEN UP, MATAN....

WHY ARE WE GETTING SO SERIOUS.... anyway.... cheers mata....

education does not make too much a difference in a man's life.... it is how you treat other fellow human beings.... that counts.... cheers

He,he,,.Ironically,that was not how I wrote it, I had 3 emty spaces between the words,and it all came out in the way Thai write....So much for trying to be funny...

ha ha ha....

i think the thaivisa preprogram blank panel CONTROLS the spacing and the paragraph.... to a certain degree....

we can try to give it even 10 or more spaces between words.... it won't matter a bit.... lol

you and i are just insignificant.... in the eyes of thaivisa.... LOL cheers

Bar-Girl logic:

"English guy better than American"

why?

"English guy more rich"

are you sure?

"Yes, English guy have Pounds, worth double amount of Baht than US Guy Dollar.

Not sure what planet you're on expecting a peasant girl with almost no education who is working as a prostitute to understand currency valuations.

Even if you caught them prior to entering the sex business, they would probably not understand or be aware of such concepts. The entertainment business teaches them about the art of scamming.

Seems many of the mixed marriages are ok as the husband and wife are made for each other.

Yup, in gogo school right ??

I already pointed it out that from a basic standpoint the girl in this case is right.

-------

american u, michigan u, indiana u and harvard.... not necessarily in that order.... lol

LIGHTEN UP, MATAN....

education does not make too much a difference in a man's life.... it is how you treat other fellow human beings.... that counts.... cheers

But were you being serious? I don't have the benefit of a Harvard degree so it might be easier if you lay it out plainly for me.

OK figure this one out as it totally beats me:

A Thai lady friend of ours has a house with an air conditioner. As is usual it has a remote, which is held in a small holder attached to the wall.

For some reason which escapes me, she has stuck the holder on the wall at a height which is too high to reach. So to control the unit she has a long stick kept on top of a cupboard which she uses to poke the buttons on the remote.

One day I just have to ask her about this....

A Thai lady friend of ours has a house with an air conditioner. As is usual it has a remote, which is held in a small holder attached to the wall.

For some reason which escapes me, she has stuck the holder on the wall at a height which is too high to reach. So to control the unit she has a long stick kept on top of a cupboard which she uses to poke the buttons on the remote.

I would say it is simply to stop other people switching it on and off as they please........ :)

-------

LIGHTEN UP, MATAN....

But were you being serious? I don't have the benefit of a Harvard degree so it might be easier if you lay it out plainly for me.

matan....

no, i am not serious at all about marine life....

and i am very sorry if my intention of being on the humurous side upsets you or led you to believe otherwise....

i truly have no such intention at all, ok? again, my humble apology....

now can the celebration begin.... lol

-------

LIGHTEN UP, MATAN....

matan....

no, i am not serious at all about marine life....

and i am very sorry if my intention of being on the humurous side upsets you or led you to believe otherwise....

i truly have no such intention at all, ok? again, my humble apology....

now can the celebration begin.... lol

Phew! Faith restored :) Party on!

I was married to a Scottish lady. You could stand face to face talking to her and every time she blinked, she would change topics. Then she'd get upset with me for not following...

I think it's not a trait of Thai women but, rather, women in general.

Edited by Igor

alaiwah :)

..had a queen sized bed..but the (thai) wife loves to snuggle, with a long pillow between us, so I end up on the edge of the bed, hovering on the brink ( of insanity )..almost falling on the floor..meanwhile there is about 3 feet of empty bed space to her left..that I occasionally gazed at wistfully.. ..so I get a King sized bed..and now she uses TWO long pillows..snuggles close, and although there is a little more room, I'm STILL almost at the edge of the bed, and there is about 4 feet of empty space to the left of her..that I occasionaly gaze at longingly.. signed: edgy
I feel your pain :D I sleep at the edge of the bed too. At the beginning I thought she liked my place better, so I gave her my place and moved to hers. Still sleeping on the edge :)
Brothers, we should have a support group. :D
Here in the UK, the missus does exactly the same thing, but I've worked out how to cure her of taking up too much bed if I'm on the verge of falling out.... Cold Feet. She can't stand that on her legs or body. :D:D

Here in the UK, the missus does exactly the same thing, but I've worked out how to cure her of taking up too much bed if I'm on the verge of falling out.... Cold Feet. She can't stand that on her legs or body. :):D

Mate, here it doesn't work. Too hot for having cold feet. But thanks for the support :D

While driving through air polluted areas she always closes the car windows.

so do i, and i hit the switch on the car that stops the air from bringing air from outside......

but not if the polluted air came into the car already and outside it's fresh again.

but that is not what you said