Samui, How Busy At The Moment?

VTR1000

..new click 40.000b, 200b x month=200m/16 year and price will go down 150/100....

?????????????

can you explain this calculation?

sorry i was sleeping....it is not really bad only not too good if too many rent them :)

new Click 40.000b

200b x day= 200 day for breakeven=28week

2 week of sure rent per year...today lot's of click on beach road to rent....

Russians. Love 'em or hate 'em.

They have forced me to double the stock of the wines in my cellar.

And they know the wines too.

And they like the expensive ones...

In my experience with Russians, ( I have a couple of bars in Chaweng) they are completely ignorant of the local social mores. They don't understand or care about the Thai culture. They are arrogant, aggresive and rude. They have no respect for the locals. I have never met a Russian who knew what wine was, let alone a good 1978 Chateau Neuf De Pape. Where do you find these refined Russians??????

In my experience with Russians, ( I have a couple of bars in Chaweng) they are completely ignorant of the local social mores. They don't understand or care about the Thai culture. They are arrogant, aggresive and rude. They have no respect for the locals. I have never met a Russian who knew what wine was, let alone a good 1978 Chateau Neuf De Pape. Where do you find these refined Russians??????

How about... these refined Russians are not visiting your bars? Isn't it better to enjoy "a good 1978 Chateau Neuf De Pape" in a quiet relaxed atmosphere of a 15'000 THB/night hotel's restaurant? :)

Actually - yes, that's quite true. I recall last year that, frinstance, the new Nora Chaweng opened in October and was fully booked at Christmas, due to Nora Group's Tour operator contacts in Europe. The other extreme, the top-end Samui Buri in Mae Nam, did no business at all for a year and even laid off its staff and closed the restaurant - before being rescued by Mercure management.

R

To Robsamui

Working in the Resort-Related industry, my gleanings are that the 3 and 4 star resorts have been suffering. The top 5-star ones are busy with those folks who have the coin and the budget ones busy with those that don't!

3 & 4 star resorts have been suffering, I guess that would be true for those hotels that don't have any business plans, marketing, poor locations. I work in this industry also and i do know a few hotels in this range that are 90% full. This hotels though have marketing, good contacts and relationships with agencies, know how to promote their hotel to and have returning guests.

Very special situation you mention there the Samui Buri was build only for the purpose to be sold, never intended to be running, owners lost a bundle in the process!

Russians. Love 'em or hate 'em.

They have forced me to double the stock of the wines in my cellar.

And they know the wines too.

And they like the expensive ones...

Apparently at Italian restaurants in Koh Phangan.

Very special situation you mention there the Samui Buri was build only for the purpose to be sold, never intended to be running, owners lost a bundle in the process!

Nice job, why everybody is working so hard to destroy this poor island?

Will they stop when every meter of beach is cemented?

Just in lamai after Grandfather rock, the old park resort was demolished (good idea, the location was terrible) but now there is a Mercure 5/6/7/whatever stars ...

How about... these refined Russians are not visiting your bars? Isn't it better to enjoy "a good 1978 Chateau Neuf De Pape" in a quiet relaxed atmosphere of a 15'000 THB/night hotel's restaurant? :D

Great. 15,000 Baht a night? Russian mafia with a "Wine For Idiots Guide". :) . Careful with that axe, Eugene!!! :D If the wine is not at the recommended temperature, you won't be either when you get fished out of the ocean!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!