Airport Rest Facilities

laphroaig

My wife arrived at Bkk around 9 30 pm and is too late for the last connection to Chiang Mai. It looks like she will ave maybe 9 or so hours wait so I have the option of either sorting out a hotel close by, or alternatively she is happy to stick around the airport.

Some airports have decent resting facilties for hire where you can lay down on something reasonable and get proper rest. Any idea if such facilities are available there?

If not, can someone recommend a resonably hotel, close by and easy to get to. This is her first trip to Bk without me (I will be in CNX where we will meet) and I don'twant her get any problems with taxi drivers and touts etc. Local knowledge would be appreciated to help me find a way for her to stay safe, comfortable and hopefully refreshed for the flight following day.

Thanks

T

Sorry I don't have any details, but if you do a search within this sub-forum, there was a post about this not long ago. If I remember correctly, there is a rest area in one of the wings of the airport, and a couple of reasonably priced hotels nearby. All their contact info was in that post. Good Luck!

**********Edit

I just checked the second page, this is at the top:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Hotels-guest...-A-t158365.html

There was another one about a rest area in the airport however, that may be more useful to you.

**********2nd Edit

Found it!

Response #18 in this thread gives a map to it in the airport:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Sleeping-Pla...95#entry1285795

Edited by Meridian007