Off Road Riders In Pai?

jbeck

I have questions about riding in the area surrounding Pai.

I want to ride trails and ride offroad.

I'd like to get in touch with dirt riders that live there, or that have first hand information, that can answer some simple questions about living/riding there.

Please let me know if you can help and I'll PM you.

thanks,

jbeck

I took an off road guided tour there about a year ago. I recall the guide said there are 2 companies which provide tours. I don't remember the name of the company, but the guy I went with is of the same family that runs either Baan Pai Village or one of the bungalows next to it right on the river at the end of the street the bus station is on. Ask at any of those 3 or 4 bungalows which one has the motocross guide and they will tell you baucause he is on and out of there on his bikes all day. Sorry my memory is fuzzy. He also mentioned that riding unplated bikes on roads to get to the dirt is tolerated.

Might have been this company, not sure: http://www.thailine.com/enduro/index.htm (There email is temporarily out of use...since 2003. lol)

This is my friend Peter from Switzerland. Old fellow with many experiances. He also makes the very good hammocks. Last week only his staff was in the shop in the walking street in Pai, so I didn´t met him this year yet. But I´m pretty sure, he´s still in business. Still rides the old KDX 200 and he knows every track around Pai. But indeed, the most old fantastic dirt tracks are now big dusty roads with no fun anymore. Offcourse there are several single tracks in Huay nam dang, but not so many than a few years ago. Are U a new citizien in Pai? We are nearly every month in that area. www.off-roadtours.de

This is my friend Peter from Switzerland. Old fellow with many experiances. He also makes the very good hammocks. Last week only his staff was in the shop in the walking street in Pai, so I didn´t met him this year yet. But I´m pretty sure, he´s still in business. Still rides the old KDX 200 and he knows every track around Pai. But indeed, the most old fantastic dirt tracks are now big dusty roads with no fun anymore. Offcourse there are several single tracks in Huay nam dang, but not so many than a few years ago. Are U a new citizien in Pai? We are nearly every month in that area. www.off-roadtours.de

Hi,

Well I can't read the website because it is not in english, is there a name and phone number of a person I can call in Pai or Thailand?

Thanks.

Hi,

Well I can't read the website because it is not in english, is there a name and phone number of a person I can call in Pai or Thailand?

Thanks.

Hi, sorry, I know the link with "english information" is much to small. Left sideboard, 1st word. Or direct: www.off-roadtours.de/?page_id=1082 .Thaitelephone works during the season.

Go to the gt-rider.com website and ask your questions. There are countless dirt roads up north around Pai in all directions. I think Mr. GT-Rider has got a new edition of his Mae Hong Song Loop map out there for sale as a starting point. And if you enjoy being off the pavement then forget about getting to Pai through Mae Tang on the tedious Hwy 1095 and head up to Wat Chan through Samoeng and then down into Pai.

Go to the gt-rider.com website and ask your questions. There are countless dirt roads up north around Pai in all directions. I think Mr. GT-Rider has got a new edition of his Mae Hong Song Loop map out there for sale as a starting point. And if you enjoy being off the pavement then forget about getting to Pai through Mae Tang on the tedious Hwy 1095 and head up to Wat Chan through Samoeng and then down into Pai.

Indeed, if this is off-road, then there are still countless tracks.

Well are there many areas to ride within easy reach of Chiang Mai old city as well?

Anyone out there willing to show me some of the closer ones?

thanks,

Jbeck

Well are there many areas to ride within easy reach of Chiang Mai old city as well?

thanks,

Jbeck

Have you checked out and introduced yourself on the GT Rider site, cause many of the crew go off roading on a weekly basis. Can't get enough of the back roads, not trails, myself.

thanks,

Jbeck

Recommend you pick up David's newest Golden Triangle Maps- an incredible resource for on and off road riding in the north. Happy Trails! Tony

241472218_Wk825-S.jpg374386096_urDwb-S.jpg62346057_gxb6w-S.jpg

Thanks Tony, its you and many other riders that inspire me to 1/ bring a camera and 2/ stop and take a picture once in a bloody blue moon.

For example last month I treated myself to a Ninjo 650r for a day, and a nice little 440 km loop, and in my excitement never brought a camera. Was plenty fun but decided I really, really didn't need a Ninja under the tree this year. Comfy bike for the long paved hauls, but when the second scooter passed by a guy has to realize it's not the bike for me. Tempting for for it's price and looks.

Best Regards and happy trails in the new year