British National Found Dead In Room By Cleaning Staff

Rimmer

A British national has been found dead in his room by resident cleaning staff at his residence. The cause of death is unknown at present however investigations are continuing.

Pattaya, the 30th of December 2009 [PDN]: Police Lieutenant Colonel Supphachai Phuikaewkham (Pattaya police investigator) received a report at approximately 8:00pm on Wednesday that an unknown foreign man had died in his room at Srida Place, Soi Chalermprakiet 10, Pattaya. A team of police along with rescue officers from the Sawang Boriboon Foundation rushed to the scene to investigate.

When police arrived they were confronted with the dead body of Mr. Gary Stephen Armitage [54], a British national from Arbroath in the United Kingdom. Mr. Armitage was lying on the floor face up with a clenched fist and bottle of whiskey lying nearby. The television was still on and Mr. Armitage was clothed in a pair of black shorts.

Officers interrogated the cleaning maid that found the deceased, Miss Aranya Ratchapol [27], who explained that she believed Mr. Armitage had been suffering from a fatal, debilitating lung disease and as a result drank heavily everyday despite his doctors’ advice to refrain from alcohol. She further stated that she came to clean his room everyday, however; on this particular occasion the door to his room was left open and she subsequently found Mr. Armitage lying dead on the floor, at which point Miss Ratchapol declared that she immediately contacted the police.

An investigation of the room uncovered no sign of a struggle and the body of the deceased did not appear to have any injuries suggesting an assault had taken place. Investigators completed finger printing on the deceased and sent his body for autopsy in order to determine the cause of death. Officers will now inform the British embassy of Mr. Armitage’s death so that any family may be notified.

Police presumed at present that the cause of death is a result of his heavy drinking contrary to medical advice, or possibly the result of a sudden heart attack.

pattayadailynews.com

31 Dec 2009

amazing the ammount of information the cleaner had about this guy, or where words put in her mouth by the investigating (joke, when has anything been investigated here) team to make sure their usual alcoholic slur gets reported. how the fuc_k is a cleaner to know he was advised by drs to not drink but drank every day anyway.

She further stated that she came to clean his room everyday, however; on this particular occasion the door to his room was left open and she subsequently found Mr. Armitage lying dead on the floor, at which point Miss Ratchapol declared that she immediately contacted the police.

a few questions.

1) Why was the door left open?

2) he was found dead with his fist clenched?

3) if you look at the photo, his leg is raised on the chair, as if he had fallen over?

Looks like there may of, or was going to be a struggle and he fell over and the person left the room quickly, hence the door being opened.

Picture of the deceased edited out of above post. Please do not post pictures like that in the open forum thank you.

Rimmer - serious question - is there another forum which is not open, eg an Advanced level, on TV, where stuff like that can be posted?

Thanks.

Picture of the deceased edited out of above post. Please do not post pictures like that in the open forum thank you.

Rimmer - serious question - is there another forum which is not open, eg an Advanced level, on TV, where stuff like that can be posted?

Thanks.

I hear tell there are other forums that will open when you reach the required number of posts but not any where anything goes no.

Gary was good friend of mine i have known him for thirty five years, and this police report is a complete slur on his character.He came to visit me in Tac about a month ago and stayed one week and then went to chang mai for a few days ,when he came back to Tac to stay a few more days he stated that he had on two occasions had some chest pains while in chang mai.He then went back to Pattaya we were in contact by phone he told me he was sweating a lot for no reason, he went to hospital they told him he had dengi feaver gave him some pills he told me he felt better.On the 18th i went down to pattaya and stayed in the the same hotal as him.One night we were just about to go out when he had another attack of chest pains he got over this but i told him he must go to hospital the next day this time they diagnosed pneumonia they kept him in for three days and gave iv antibiotic and then dicharged him but he had to go back as an outpatient for three more days for iv they told him he was ok.He had no alcohol during this time. On the 27th i left pattaya. I was told by another friend who found him not the cleaner as stated that he was found on the floor with a glass of orange spilt THERE WAS NO WHISKEY BOTTLE. The other thing is he comes from herne bay in kent not arbroth never been there in his life.As for this moroon from london posting a picture of him he should be ashamed of himself. You will be missed gaz by a lot of people

Thanks.

/Images of this kind are not tolerated on Thaivisa and will be deleted immediately.

/Admin

Gary was good friend of mine i have known him for thirty five years, and this police report is a complete slur on his character.He came to visit me in Tac about a month ago and stayed one week and then went to chang mai for a few days ,when he came back to Tac to stay a few more days he stated that he had on two occasions had some chest pains while in chang mai.He then went back to Pattaya we were in contact by phone he told me he was sweating a lot for no reason, he went to hospital they told him he had dengi feaver gave him some pills he told me he felt better.On the 18th i went down to pattaya and stayed in the the same hotal as him.One night we were just about to go out when he had another attack of chest pains he got over this but i told him he must go to hospital the next day this time they diagnosed pneumonia they kept him in for three days and gave iv antibiotic and then dicharged him but he had to go back as an outpatient for three more days for iv they told him he was ok.He had no alcohol during this time. On the 27th i left pattaya. I was told by another friend who found him not the cleaner as stated that he was found on the floor with a glass of orange spilt THERE WAS NO WHISKEY BOTTLE. The other thing is he comes from herne bay in kent not arbroth never been there in his life.As for this moroon from london posting a picture of him he should be ashamed of himself. You will be missed gaz by a lot of people

Thanks for putting the record straight. Makes you wonder what to beleive in most of the Pattaya-based newspapers / websites.

Edited by londoedan