What Pump Do I Need?

petergawin

I have to local community storage tank ( 500,000 litres) on my land but my house is slightly higher so my water pressure is very low, also the previous owner reduced the supply pipe from 2" to 1/2" to our house.

I plan to install a new water pipe 2" to my house but also want to install a filter and a pump to increase my pressure for a shower etc.

Can anyone recommend a pump and filter? ( I live near to Chiang Rai)

It is enough to increase the pipe size to 1". Before you select the pump you need to establish your demand in flow and seek a pump that can maintain that flow at a certain minimum pressure, 2 - 4 bar is a good range for most single house installations.

Very good pumps for household use are the Grundfos CH-series. They come in different sizes and with different size built-in bladder tanks depending on the model.

Rain showers and bathtubs are normally the main consumers of water. Count also the number of faucets, toilets, washing machine, dish washer and whether you are feeding a swimming pool and sprinklers from your main pump. Then contact a good pump shop, Home Pro would not do as they have not got a clue, and they should be able to give you an advice of which pump size you need.