Annoying Phone Calls To My Mobile

mazimus

I have for about one week now been getting phone calls to my mobile,when I answer the other person hangs up.It is always the same two numbers 012800663,and 0026947000.The first number sometimes has a prefix +612800663.Its no big deal only annoying and no one I know seems to know where these numbers are from,thats even more annoying.

A search for the 002 number comes up with many hits for it being a tax department refund scam. I seen other postings on the net about this scam targeting Thais. It offers a tax refund and the caller tries to get bank details.

Since these numbers are clearly invalid, they would seem to indicate these are international calls. The first one is clearly a number from Australia that is not correctly setting the TON flag in some instances (almost all termination in Thailand is done via ISDN), or is taking a different path through the international telecom network which is correctly translated in some instances and not in others.

The second one is a similar problem. The ANI is being set to 026947000 (a trunk from True probably belonging to an incoming terminator) but due to configuration errors in the swich it is being translated to 0026947000.

Both of these instances indicate a call of international origin, and I would suspect that they are probably the same person. This is likely a caller from Australia trying to call home and has the wrong number. You might try answering in Thai the next time and see if they will understand "pit ber."

If this doesn't work, you can try calling True and asking them who the trunk 026947000 belongs to and request they send a message to that carrier to block your number. However, this will most likely simply force all the calls to reach you through the other route. As a last resort you can call your mobile carrier and ask them to block these calls for you.

As a final option, you could simply call the number in Australia and see who answers the phone. If it isn't a payphone, you may be able to learn who it is that has been trying to call. That will cost you some money but it might be worth it to you to make it stop.

I am on AIS & occasionally get calls from +601 which I think is Malaysia. It is not always the same number but as soon as I say hello they hang up. To me it seems like a problem in the system although I suppose it could be some scam operation.

yeah, annoying...the wrong number...

me "hello"

caller "some fast crazy Thai gibberish"

me "pit ber krap, farang pood"

"click"

no f_cking sorry or anything...grrrrr... 6 am 3 days ago the last time it happened....

Does saying sorry for making nuisance phone calls not exist in Thai mentallity..

I find in my thnking with anything that is new modern in Thailand and has not gone through a few generations that they are rude and have no manners...

(mobile phones/cars(driving)/queuing because its not needed in momma and poppa shops)

because, there has been no formal etiquette passed on down from pii yai..so they are <deleted> and don't know how to be polite themselves... IMHO..

I never return calls from numbers only if its not stored in my phone forget it....