Buonissimo Closing !?!

whatsupdoc

UN Irish Pub is not closed (it was closed for two hours the other day). What an odd rumour!

As you stated previously to a small incident ,if you know what it was kindly let us know?.why put a taster out then not back it up .I went and their was a hand written note on the door saying CLOSED i asked if any one knew why.Answers please not cryptic clues.

UN Irish Pub is not closed (it was closed for two hours the other day). What an odd rumour!

As you stated previously to a small incident ,if you know what it was kindly let us know?.why put a taster out then not back it up .I went and their was a hand written note on the door saying CLOSED i asked if any one knew why.Answers please not cryptic clues.

I must agree with you, Patriciachas.

It might have been better to give the reason for closure and move on rather than start cryptic comments.

I prefer an open reply rather than a cryptic one.

And for those who enjoy cryptic clues:

4 letters.

Essentially female.

Last three letters - U N T

So people..Are you prepared to support him and keep him going in business. His service.ambience and food quaility is something to behold. So let us get off our behinds and begin to frequent his business more often and keep him going in business. Or are we like so many western minds of ideaolgy and just offer words of comfort and condolences.

Let your hearts be real and get off your cliches of supposed support and help him to maintain a business that many of us have enjoyed.

I do not hide behind an avater and I hope you will help this fellow westerner when he need it most.

What a setting..what ambience. and what service and all for a few baht......

C'mon people put your money where your sentiments are.

Dan

So people..Are you prepared to support him and keep him going in business. His service.ambience and food quaility is something to behold. So let us get off our behinds and begin to frequent his business more often and keep him going in business. Or are we like so many western minds of ideaolgy and just offer words of comfort and condolences.

Let your hearts be real and get off your cliches of supposed support and help him to maintain a business that many of us have enjoyed.

I do not hide behind an avater and I hope you will help this fellow westerner when he need it most.

What a setting..what ambience. and what service and all for a few baht......

C'mon people put your money where your sentiments are.

Dan

Dan we must admire your loyalty and rallying call but there are only so many places you can eat and drink at, maybe the problem is there are far too many establishments for the market to bear.

I went and their was a hand written note on the door saying CLOSED i asked if any one knew why.Answers please not cryptic clues.

The owner had some important private business to take care of elsewhere so they closed briefly.

Back on topic, I hope we see a new Sergio restaurant in not the distant future.

Edited by Bill97

I went and their was a hand written note on the door saying CLOSED i asked if any one knew why.Answers please not cryptic clues.

The owner had some important private business to take care of elsewhere so they closed briefly.

If that is the case, then a notice " Closed back in 2 hours" would have sufficed and that is what the thread should have stated early on. And avoided all these cloak and dagger operations.

Anyway, glad it's not a business closure.

caf

If that is the case, then a notice " Closed back in 2 hours" would have sufficed and that is what the thread should have stated early on. And avoided all these cloak and dagger operations.

Anyway, glad it's not a business closure.

caf

Caf, I agree.

I have had some pleasant meals at UN Irish, and am glad to hear this is a non-story. Piggies is also good.

Some mischief-making about certain food venues, perhaps.

Regards and best wishes to ALL business owners in these difficult times.

Rgds

Edited by piercefilmlid

Does anybody know whether Buonissimo has called it the end of the month early? I swung by last night to try the buffet only to find the restaurant closed.

Sunday 10th was the last night apparently. Closed now :)

That's too bad. :D

I was usually in Buonissimo twice per week for lunch, haven't been by since Sergio started the nightly buffet as buffets really are not my thing. I did want to give it a try before he closed up shop altogether as I know Sergio puts out a great spread.

Been away for a while, didn't realise my comment had caused such a kerfuffle! The UN pub was closed for a few hours while the owner attended to some private business which is not my place to talk about (I only commented that it closed for a few hours so that people wouldn't misunderstand that the pub had closed permanantly, which would surely damage their business) and of no interest/relevance to anyone at all. I don't know why they didn't say closed for two hours on the door, but seriously, this is not important at all! It is now open and all is right with the world. Cheers.

I went by Buonissimo on Monday and was surprised to find them in the middle of a move. Sergio decided to call it quits early due to lack of traffic.

The good news is that they will be reopening at two new sites: The shop, both the Italian deli and the wine store, will reopen somewhere in the chiang klang area. The restaurant, a much smaller and tourist-oriented version, will reopen somewhere in the Tapae area. Sergio could not give me any firm dates, so I stocked up on enough good olive oil and other goodies to last a few months.

The word is that Sergio is opening a pizza parlor a little bit South of the new McDonalds at Thapae Gate. It already has a sign with an Italian name above the garage doors and is next to a fairly new massage parlor with lots of girls out front, but I've never seen anyone in it.