90 Day At New One Stop Shop

Just finished my 90-day report at the new One Stop Shop location near Siam Square area. Very nice and only took 5 minutes. Very convenient for we who live in central Bangkok area!

Did my 90 day report there today too. Really easy.

Take the MRT to Sam Yan. Exit straight into Tesco Lotus food court and take the escalator up. Walk through the shopping centre (Chamchuree Square) past numerous restaurants (Fuji, No.8, KFC, Starbucks etc), banks and other shops to the lifts for the Offices. Go to the 18th floor (no security) and you're there.

For 90 day reporting the desk is immediately on your left and you just pick a ticket/number and wait your turn. I was number 113 and number 104 was being served. My number came up after about 8 minutes (bring a book). The actual reporting took about 3 minutes. I would recommend completing the form before you go as there were not any tables or pens nearby.

All in all a very pleasant experience and the new offices are very smart.

• 2 weeks later...

It is not a new office - just a new location - moved from Ratchada a few years ago to Phahylyothin Road and now to Rama IV. Is is only for BOI companies authorized use for anything other than 90 day reporting. They do not deal with tourist extensions of stay.

Did my 90 day report there today too. Really easy.

Take the MRT to Sam Yan. Exit straight into Tesco Lotus food court and take the escalator up. Walk through the shopping centre (Chamchuree Square) past numerous restaurants (Fuji, No.8, KFC, Starbucks etc), banks and other shops to the lifts for the Offices. Go to the 18th floor (no security) and you're there.

For 90 day reporting the desk is immediately on your left and you just pick a ticket/number and wait your turn. I was number 113 and number 104 was being served. My number came up after about 8 minutes (bring a book). The actual reporting took about 3 minutes. I would recommend completing the form before you go as there were not any tables or pens nearby.

All in all a very pleasant experience and the new offices are very smart.

I went today, with my Thai partner, and what a pleasant experience; such a wonderful alternative to the nightmare of having to trek out to Chaeng Watthana...

The only thing I'd add are minor tweaks to the directions...

Use Exit #2 at the San Yan MRT. The MRT escalator brings you to the outdoors, right beside the mall and the "Chamchuri Office Tower" which is at the end of the mall. You don't NEED to walk through the mall to get to the ChanChuri Office Tower, unless you want to. A slightly quicker route: As soon as you reach the MRT #2 exit at street level, make an immediate right, walking along Rama 4 road for about 50 meters. You'll walk past the only outdoor facility, a circular Star Bucks restaurant. Continue walking another 50 meters, and, turning left, enter the Office Tower there. You'll be walking into a lovely gargantuan white lobby with marble floors. You need to take the non-security lifts, which are the leftmost lifts. Take one to the 18th floor, and exit the lift walking AWAY from Rama 4. The 90 Day Reporting desk IS on the left hand side, and since the electronic queue system is not functional yet, you should take a number card right away.

It wouldn't hurt to brush up on your Thai numbers, one thru nine, since the lady behind the desk will (softly!) say your number. I didn't even hear her, maybe because I was killing time playing a printout game of Suduko. Luckily my partner has better hearing that I do!

I only had to wait about 5 minutes before getting my number called, and it took her about 3 minutes to complete the process.

A reminder to everyone here... YOU don't HAVE to GO there in person, if you have a Thai friend or partner who is willing to take your passport there FOR you! I.E. YOU AREN'T REQUIRED TO SHOW UP IN PERSON.

Just fill out form TM-47 at home, (get a bunch of extra forms when you visit!) and let your friend do the footwork for you. That's what I do. But then again, I'm rather busy, working 7 days a week, from morning to night, for the privilege of being able to live in this wonderful country.

Oh, and Maestro has created and updated the most perfect Google map EVER, showing ALL immigration offices in Thailand. Thank, Maestro!!

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&i...1df360b&z=6

Pawpcorn

Edited by Pawpcorn

• 1 month later...

If your extension of stay was issued at that location they will do re-entry permit for it.

If the taxi fare is not a problem it really is not hard to visit Chiang Watanna and I take advantage of the banks there to do monthly bank business at the same time.

• 1 month later...

Followed the advice above and went to the new office at Chamchuri Square for my 90 days reporting. I was very surprised when they told me that they cannot/will not do it and that I would have to go to the Chaeng Wattana office.After a hefty discussion with the office manager involved we agreed upon that this time they will do it but the next time I would have to go to the Chaeng Wattana office.

This is just to make you aware, if you go there for your 90 days reporting they possibly will tell you that they provide the service for BOI companies only.

cheers

I went to renew by visa & work permit today at the new One Stop ay Chamchuree, and things were rather slow - I just wanted to warn people who might be going there in the next few months.

We got a messenger to go along with my documents and passport to get a queue number ahead of me getting there with my Thai wife (after dropping kids at school).

He was there at 8.30, and our queue number was 39.

We arrived at about 9.15, but didn't get to present our documents (for the visa renewal) until 3pm

(at least there's a busy mall downstairs, where you can have a haircut and foot massage - and plenty of restaurants, with a food court & Tescos in the basement)

We spoke to an agent who go's there regularly, and she told us that the person who got queue no.1 was there at 05.50

she was there at 06;30 and no.10

She also said that a number of the officials had been promoted recently, so there weren't many available to do the processing - to start with there were only 2 on the relevant counters (no. 1-13 I think), there were a few more later.

My wife spoke to the officials, and they said that they are really overworked - having to stay until 6 or 7pm. If you get a queue no. then they said that you will be processed that day. Also, the current Internal Security Act meant that new officials couldn't be transferred to them.

Once our documents were taken though, the process was pretty speedy - taking just over 1 hour until I had the visa complete.

I've got to go back tomorrow to do my WP though!

just a warning....